Spread sheet to calulate sugars in fruit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ants_Elixirs

Reaction score
Attached is an excel spreadsheet. Conversions are not my strong suit. I'd be more than happy to have someone proof read it.

Basically, my goal is to create a spreadsheet that I can plug amounts of fruit puree into that shows how much sugar is in the puree. This way one can take that into account when calculating amounts of sugar to add to water/sugar mix to reach a specific starting gravity.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment Sugar Content of Fruit.zip

I plan to. But, being new at this maybe I'm over thinking things.

Won't the presence of pulp affect the SP readings? Also, I was trying to find out how significantly sugar in fruit affects the the SP.

If that is not a concern, then I'll put it to bed.

Thanks for the response Julie.

Remember each season you will have a different level of sugars, weather plays a huge part in that. If you take your fruit, freeze it, then thaw is, mash it, add pectic enzyme to it, let it sit 24 hours and now you can take a stainless steel strainer and push it down until you start to get some juice.

Well to be honest, I think it is better to over think something than to under think. I
happy0199.gif

Latest posts

Back