What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just figured out why the shelves at the grocery store(s) were mostly bare around lunch time. Hope they are wrong, I'm too old to shovel (though I can drink beer from the protected garage and give out orders to the other workers).

View attachment 69393

I was just looking at it myself. Looks like we're 4-6-8 but then again we may get nothing or a foot+. We'll know Wednesday evening.

I was just looking at it myself. Looks like we're 4-6-8 but then again we may get nothing or a foot+. We'll know Wednesday evening.
You are way closer to the rain/ice/snow line than we are. If it stays further south of you, you'll get more snow than we will. I am quite willing to give you any snow we'd possibly get Fred (and Jim for that matter). I'll even pay you to take it!

I think Vegas should put odds on it...we're up to 15.5 inches expected on Wednesday till midnight. Was down to 13.1 this morning. Looks like it is supposed to stay heavy early Thursday morning for a few hours then change to "snow showers". All that tells me is that the odds are getting more likely we'll get something significant. Might have to keg that batch of beer in waiting tomorrow morning so I have some reserves for Wednesday and Thursday. Shoveling is hard work and I might need some alcoholic beverages for stamina.

As is typical, we're right on the line. Could be a blizzard. Could be scattered rain showers.

I had the sad duty of reminding the kids that no matter what the snowfall, they probably won't have a snow day, since they're in school online.

Gee I feel real bad being up in northwest Maine, should get 2", if I keep my fingers crossed.

Bill

Despite some predictions of 8-12 just west of here by a few miles, I suspect we will be in the 1"-3" range. Same old story here - nobody has a freakin' clue, but they all predict the apocalypse.

Heard a funny one today regarding one of our local weathermen: like most men, he's promising 7 inches, but will only deliver 3. 🤣 😂

Many, many years ago, my eldest sister told a confused me: "Sex is like snow: you never know how many inches you will get or how long it will last."

35 degrees, started pruning grapes. Half done but a big mess to clean up when I finish. Take all the prunings to the burn pile then a good winter sulphur spray.

Turned to freezing rain for the moment. Only got 6 inches of snow earlier. Must be lots of warm air up aloft as the ground temps are below 25*F. Deciding weather to get wet and shovel now or take my chances and leave it for the morning.

I think I'll get another beer and think about it some more, then maybe another and think even more...

Turned to freezing rain for the moment. Only got 6 inches of snow earlier. Must be lots of warm air up aloft as the ground temps are below 25*F. Deciding weather to get wet and shovel now or take my chances and leave it for the morning.

I think I'll get another beer and think about it some more, then maybe another and think even more...

We only had 1-2 inches before it turned. Should all be gone by morning.

My youngest was 'let out of school early' by his teacher, so he and a couple of his classmates from the neighborhood did manage to get out and do some sledding. By the time he got home, it was raining pretty solid, with some sleet mixed in; but he said he had a blast.

It was a little gross with sleet over the snow, but it still made the dog happy for a bit. We will still have it for a few days, we are just an hour north, but colder.

We're up to about 8 inches, 6 inches of snow, 2 inches of ice pellets. Fortunately it is so cold and there is so little "wetness" to the sleet that it doesn't seem to be sticking to the trees and power lines. With a heat pump I'm always concerned that the electric will go off, no other way to heat the house safely. I could eat a can of baked beans and light the result of that, but I think I could only heat one room that way.

On the brighter side, I did get the 200+ ft driveway shoveled, with no help from the family. I'm thinking a nice tuna steak for dinner tomorrow, they can make some grilled cheese or something on their own.

Got the 2018's blended up this morning. I did a "Prisoner Style" blend with Zin, Cab, Syrah and Petite Sirah. I goofed and the 12 gallon blend ended up with a gallon more of PS than I had planned, and 1 gallon less of Syrah. We'll see how things turn out. With the remnants, I did a Cab heavy red blend and a Syrah heavy red blend.

My garbage is picked up by a private contractor on Fridays. Since Friday was a holiday, me and my neighbors thought they'd get it Monday, the next business day. But no, I called and they said they came by on Saturday - a day they normally are closed.

So, our bin is full and I am soon making a trip to the dump!

My garbage is picked up by a private contractor on Fridays. Since Friday was a holiday, me and my neighbors thought they'd get it Monday, the next business day. But no, I called and they said they came by on Saturday - a day they normally are closed.

So, our bin is full and I am soon making a trip to the dump!

We have a Friday pickup as well. Sure enough, they came Saturday morning and pretty much nobody had their trash out. Our other normal day is Tuesday, so they got the mother-load today. 😂

We have Friday pickup as well. If your garbage day is on a Holiday they will pick it up on Wednesday. And you had better have it out before 8AM as that truck is rolling down the street as fast as it can starting at 8AM just so it doesn't have to make too many stops.

Its both garbage and recycling tomorrow and that recycle bin is packed full after Xmas!

We don't have garbage pickup unless you want to pay a private company to pick it up. Sooooo, being frugal (formerly called "cheap"!) , I make a one mile trip to the transfer station (formerly called a "dump!") with the trash and recycling every week or so.

Latest posts

Back