Missouri Winemaking Society - St. Louis

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may be the one I go for (finally). 34 years going. Decent judges. Reasonable entry fee. Not too far away so the shipping won't be outrageous.

This may be the one I go for (finally). 34 years going. Decent judges. Reasonable entry fee. Not too far away so the shipping won't be outrageous.

Let me know what category you enter so I can avoid it. I've got to stack the deck in my own favor ya know.

This is a good competition. Not too big. I think they average about 120 to 150 entries a year.

Nope,

It says on the entry form open to any winemaker not engaged in winemaking for a profit is eligible.

Sent two bottles of Steak Marinade out via UPS yesterday. Now we wait.....

Got of love it. So that's the secret. To soon for myself to enter any comps. But will use for future.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I sent an email on Tuesday after the Judging on Sunday 4/6. I got a very tersely written response stating that all the judges had full time jobs and it would take a week or two for the results to be tabulated. Then I got another email from someone else saying it would take 2-3 weeks...... then I got yet another email from somebody else saying it would take 3-4 weeks.....

I thought they only got around 100 wines all together and it takes them 3-4 weeks to add up a few numbers........
confused.gif

Last edited:
Got's myself some hardware!

Entered two wines, won two medals! :try :try

The results were emailed out late last night. They had almost 200 entries this year. Only about 50% of the entries won medals so that feels pretty good. I won a Gold for my 2011 CC Showcase Yakima Valley Cabernet-Merlot and a Silver for my 2011 CC Showcase LR Old Vines Mencia. Surprised it did not score higher as it was my favorite of the two. Very interesting and unique wine. Very similar to a Pinot Noir but with a bit more tannin and longer finish.

Full results attached!

Category:____________2014_________2013

Total Entries:__________191__________164
Total Medals Awarded:___97___________78
Gold Medals:___________34___________13
Silver Medals:__________41___________33
Bronze Medals:_________22___________32

View attachment 2014 Winners by Entrant.pdf

View attachment 2014 Winners Sorted by Score.pdf

Last edited:
Yep, thanks Mike. I knew I should have avoided your categories. Congrats to you and all the rest. :b.

LOL, who is this Terry Baldwin/Ron Miller combo (didn't know you could have 2 winemakers) and how the heck do you get the highest score in the entire competition with a 2013 vintage wine………….. :? :? :?

Latest posts

Back