Blueberry Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill B

Reaction score
Just bottled and it soooooo good
2005-07-06_165029_100_0112.JPG

This is my first attempt at posting a pic. Its my Blueberry. I age it in American Oak for 14 weeks Its absolutley fantastic. The bottles in front are Batch 1 which is 7% abv Montrachet yeast Sg 1060. In background is batch 2 Lalvin EC 1118 Sg 1.090 more stats to follow

Bill

Also as I thought of adding some Blueberry extract as in another post I didn't. The additional oaking made such a difference I would highly recommend this.

Bill

my pal bill, tell me how you sweetened please, my blueberry is on med oak cubes from Geo now for 8 weeks.

That wine looks FABULOUS! With all of the great looking
wines, I need to make a serious road trip accross the U.S.
Don't I wish!
smiley19.gif
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->

Thanks all,

Stinkie I fermented both batches to full dryness, then I made a sugar syrup using 2 cupsextra fine sugar with 1 cup water. Heated to disolve sugar, then cooled to room temp. I slowly addeda little at a time then taking a reading with the Hydrometer to 1.015. (this is to your taste, so reading will change) Then I added 1/4 tsp K-Meta and 2 tsp sorbate, stired very slowly to mixwell. I didn't use oak cubs but used new Infusion Spiralshttp://www.thebarrelmill.com

Bill

Thanks for the info Bill, those spirals are a little pricey!! You should do a close-up photo and post it, it looks like maybe too much airspace in your bottles but hard to see, where are the top-up cops?

Ok Stinkie you got me. Your very sharp. The bottles are a bit low I agree, I was using a bottle filler, No Im wrong my wife was using a bottle filler I usually try to stop at the first ridge on the bottle, then as you draw out the tube it leaves it just at the correct level. Now, my wife usually doesn't offer to help so when she did, I couldn't pass this up. (i know blame someone else) anyway the wine won't last long.

Bill

I was under the idea that this wine had to age for a year to be any
good, but you make me think it will be good right from the start. I got
that from reading Jack Kellers site.

Hi Stinkie, No this wine will take a bit of ageing, its good now but will get even better over time. I just cant say how long. My last batch I let age for 1 year in the bottle and it was good, This batch is much better so ill sample every so often to know for sure. I think the quality of berries also makes a big difference.

Bill

Latest posts

Back