WineXpert LE Vermentino

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will recheck mine in a bit, I saw lots of bubbles when racking with the all in one pump, so previous reading may have been off.

I will recheck mine in a bit, I saw lots of bubbles when racking with the all in one pump, so previous reading may have been off.
I agree with. Very dry but I really like it. I topped mine off with sauv blanc. Tempted to buy another that my local shop has but I need a Chardonnay in the cellar.

Put some of this wine in a glass and add a bit of tartaric acid to bring it down to 3.3x, the flavor seems more "stable", less flat and has a bit of acid that hits you at the end. I am thinking to back sweeten this wine a bit but maybe add tartaric acid to lower the pH to the 3.3x and then add some sort of home made f-pack.

I'd be interested to know of anyone that is making this kit and know what pH you're getting.

Put some of this wine in a glass and add a bit of tartaric acid to bring it down to 3.3x, the flavor seems more "stable", less flat and has a bit of acid that hits you at the end. I am thinking to back sweeten this wine a bit but maybe add tartaric acid to lower the pH to the 3.3x and then add some sort of home made f-pack.

I'd be interested to know of anyone that is making this kit and know what pH you're getting.

I got a pH of 3.3 just prior to bottling

I'm not the best at describing but it is very dry and I get the taste of grapefruit. More like a sauv blanc than a buttery Chardonnay.

Just bottle mine. Very dry and good acidity, green apple with fresh citrus. Pretty unique.

IMG_8568.jpg

The yeast that came with the kit. If i can put my hand on a second one, i will try it with the QA23

The wine bags are from astropaq. They are 1.5L bags, but also available in 750ml or 3L. For me, the 1.5L are the perfect size. After a year no sign of oxidation at all.

Thanks. A little on the pricey side, but a nice convenience if needed.

Did you happen to take a pH reading before you "bottled" it?

I don't know if this helps you any but I just pitched QA23. PH was 3.6 and SG was 1.091 @ 70F. My pH meter only reads to one decimal place but was just calibrated with 4.00 buffer solution.

Back