Vineco Kenridge Classic Traminer Riesling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodie

Reaction score
Comes with an F-pack. Will sweeten to taste but has anyone used the whole pack?

Comes with an F-pack. Will sweeten to taste but has anyone used the whole pack?
I don't recall ever seeing this kit mentioned here. For one thing, Kenridge kits are difficult to find in the USA. Also, it's a newer kit (can't remember when it came out), and I haven't made it.

According to their web-site, this kit makes a wine that is "Sugar Code: 1 Alcohol Vol: 13.5". It's not like the F-packs that turn the mist kits into sweet wines (eg Niagara Mist is Sugar Code: 4 to 6).

It depends on your personal preference in wines. My wife and I prefer a dry wine (plus we are borderline diabetics), so we would probably either leave it out or only add a half.

We made the Cheeky Monkey Gewurztraminer (Sugar Code 2) a couple of years ago and added the whole F-pack that came with it, because of family that prefers sweet wines (like the Niagara Mist). It's sweeter than we prefer for a non-Mist wine, but it's not too bad. So if the T-R is roughly half as sweet....

Steve

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate the expertise on this site. I do not like sweet wine, but lately I have been liking the "off dry" whites. i.e. Cave Spring Riesling for spicy thai food. Will keep all posted as to whether I added the whole pack or half pack, when the wine is done.

Latest posts

Back