Six gallon recipes?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigerthekid

Junior
Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find recipes (wine, mead, cider, etc.) that are six gallons in size? I searched the forums and mywinerecipes.com and most were 1 gallon in size.

Thanks!

For most receipes you will have to do some siphering (Jethro Bodine talk, that's adding and multiplying) to get to the 6 gallon area.

Good Luck to ya

If you are looking for something in particular please ask us as some of us have some great recipes and are very willing to share.

I'm thinking either a cider of some sort, a honey mead, or a dandelion wine (finding dandelion in the winter is going to be rough for me though). Any good ideas come to mind?

Cider and Mead are good....
Or...
Go to a good grocery market and look through the frozen juices as well as bottled juices.....They make fairly good wines.

Some Organic/Health Food sections have other choices of juices.

Fresh fruit is great if you have a good source this time of the year.

Also looking for 6 gallon Blueberry wine recipe and i do understand multiplying the gallon recipes.. Like the one on finevine wines.. i did that for my 2 gallon batch and it turned out awesome. But i am thinking some of the ingredients may be a little much when multiplying it 6 times.. like the blend,enzyme,nutrient, and energizer. Please advise... thanks so much

Thanks appleman... got my hands on 15# of fresh blueberries... got to put them to good use... looking to make a full bodied batch.

well, fresh blueberries.. Bleuets from Santiago, Chile. Maybe not so fresh
smiley36.gif
... but they looked and tasted good.Got them at local grocery. $1.88 for 11oz.

Prepared the primary.. ended up with 17# of blueberries for th 6 gallon batch.. used 10# of invert sugar and 2# of raw wildflower honey. Also added 2 ripe bananas. Acidity right now is .45%... will adjust that to .6% before i add the yeast.. sg is 1.091. Not sure which yeast i should use since i added the honey.. see quite a few options in the forum. This is what i have on hand.

Red Star Montrachet

Lalvin D47

Lalvin EC-1118

Lalvin RC-212

Lalvin 71B-1122

Any input on which one to use would be greatly appreciated.

thanks appleman.. followed your suggestion and used 1122. Prepared a yeast starter 5pm last night and piched it at 9pm. This morning i see its starting to do its job. Will be staging the energizer and nutrient.

your welcome uavwmn. Had fun getting this recipe together.. did internet search on blueberry recipes.. compliled about 20.. tossed out about 10 of those because they were so off the wall... did a comparison of all the rest and used an average for the ingredients.. only deviation was using the 2# of Honey. Think i will take pics and post this in the recipe section.

RkyMtnWine, change 99, going to do the strawberry wine recipe that BDKS is currently making. It is a 1 gal recipe and seems clear cut to me. Your blueberry wine sounds delicious!!! If the strawberry turns out decent I will try the blueberry.

Thanks for the help.
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back