WineXpert LE2016 Blanc De Noir - my dog ate my F-Pack!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedog

Reaction score
As the title suggests, I came home to find that my dog had gotten into the kit and pulled the f-pack. There wasn't as big of a sticky mess as there could have been, but he did get the cap off and lapped up at least some of the contents. Can't say as I blame him.

I prefer dry wine, so probably would have added half, if not all, of the pack at the start of fermentation. Since I don't have that option now, will the wine materially suffer from the lack of flavor the f-pack would have contributed?

Any other thoughts and suggestions also welcome.

The picture of your dog in your avatar makes him seem like he is saying that he is sorry.

Personally, I would add as much to the primary as would result in retaining about half the starting f-pack. I would finish the wine as per directions, then add the half-f-pack, as planned. Every time I drank the wine I would look at the dog and say "This is good, but dang it, Blue! It could have been great." Repeat as needed.

Sorry I just saw this thread but you should watch your dog for any signs of kidney issues. Grapes (and I assume grape juice) can cause kidney failure in dogs. I’m not sure what exactly is in the fpack but definitely be careful with him!

Consider going to your retailer or the manufacturer and asking for a replacement. It may cost you a buck or two (a smart retailer that wants your business will make it happen gratis) but better to work with a clean slate and un-messed-with fpack.

Latest posts

Back