Big and Bold again!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just over one month to go!

There does not seem to be a lot of interest for this year's competition. So far, I have only received one entry and have had only a handful of shipping info requests.

Can we take a quick poll? Who out there is planning on entering?

Apparently you shouldn't use FedEx either. So UPS with a "don't ask don't tell" kinda thing is the standard. This taken from WinemakerMagezine in their competition's rules section:

4. All shipments should be packaged to withstand considerable handling and must be shipped freight pre-paid. Line the in- side of the box with a plastic trash bag and use plenty of packaging material, such as bubble wrap, around the bottles. Bottles shipped in preformed styrofoam cartons have proven reliable in the past. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact entrants whose bottles have broken to make arrangements for sending replace- ment bottles. Please note it is illegal to ship alcoholic beverages via the U.S. Postal Service. FedEx Air and FedEx Ground will destroy all amateur wine shipments so do not use either of these services. Private shipping companies such as UPS with company policies against individuals ship- ping alcohol may refuse your shipment if they are informed your package contains alcoholic beverages. Entries mailed inter- nationally are often required by customs to provide proper documentation. It is the entrant’s responsibility to follow all ap- plicable laws and regulations. Packages with postage due or C.O.D. charges will be rejected. "

I was hoping to enter a couple, but don't feel they are quite ready for prime-time. Still thinking about it though.

@JohnT, I'm planning to send at least one, just have to decide which one(s). I'll make it my weekend project!
(PS. Like the way the site handles an "@Name", Gives you a choice, sorta like a spell check as you type it, very nice).

TIMES RUNNING SHORT.................................................

Latest posts

Back