grape pack/dried grapes?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elmer

Reaction score
I have been giving serious thought to making some grape packs and building a surplus for use in some future kits or fresh juice buckets (which I intend to undertake in the next spring or fall) .

It is my understanding that you get grapes, crush and freeze and store for future use.

Is there any benefits to dehydrating them instead?

In my most recent kit I got a good sized pack of dried grape skins and thought I could have done that with my dehydrator.

Is there a benefit from one to the other.

I have to guess that If I am doing a juice bucket or kit with a large amount of juice, I would not need the extra juice (although it would not hurt).

:b

good question, I also wonder if you should wash the grapes at all with water and also add some kmeta before you freeze them.

How much effort would it take you to get a decent size batch or raisins? I think id rather just buy them from the store. You can rinse and rehydrate them your self. My last grape pack was a nice size bag of fresh crushed grapes. Now that might be worth the effort to make up some packs and freeze them.

Raisins and wine grapes are two different types of grapes, furthermore, raisins are oxidized and will impart that raisin taste to your wine. Fruit/Country wines can mask that pretty well, but most people can taste it.
If you want to add body and mouth feel, do yourself a favor and add grape packs.

Good to know. I do know you have to rinse them and soak them.

Latest posts

Back