Best kit for beginners

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louie1277

Reaction score
Hello All,
Well this will be my first time trying to make wine. I currently am growing 2 different grapes. Merlo and Syrah I believe... It's my 3rd year growing so I want to be ready when they are ready. in total I have about 21 plants so that should be enough to start lol...

SO my question is. Is there a beginners kit for merlo or Syrah? Where can I get the right kit for beginners also too?

Trust me I never done this before so it will be all new to me. Hopefully I don't kill anyone or myself ..hahaha

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Louie, sounds exciting and you should get a nice yield in 2013. You did not say how much you are willing to pay for a kit. I recommend the RJ Spagnol lines and two you may want to consider are the "Cru Select" and the "Winery Series" which will run you in the from $120 to $140, respectively. They are both 16 liter kits (of juice) and the Winery Series comes with a grape pack, which is a real plus.

Louie1277:

I suspect that you are asking about an equipment kit for making wine from the grapes you are growing. I don't make wine from grapes, so I'm not a good person to try answering that question. Perhaps if you included a location, somebody could suggest a retailer in your area.

Normally the term wine kit is used to describe an all-in-one wine ingredient kit. Rocky has given you some good suggestions for one of those.

Steve

Sorry if I didn't explain myself. I need all the equipment for making the wine and the (grape juice aka Wine Kit).
I'm located in California, Riverside or Moreno Valley area. I did try to find some around my area but it comes up with junk searches.

I will check out what "Rocky" suggested. $120 should be good or if I find someone cheaper that's a plus too.

Last edited:
I will check out what "Rocky" suggested. $120 should be good or if I find someone cheaper that's a plus too.
You can find cheaper wine kits (check amazon, for example), but I personally don't recommend those.

Rocky mentioned a couple of very good kit brands, there is also Cellar Classic Showcase.

For a standard equipment kit, check some of the vendors for this site. Since I live in Canada, I don't deal with those vendors, so can't recommend one.
Steve

Latest posts

Back