An "Avoid Confusion" tip!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
This will probably sound obvious to all you smart people but it wasn't to me until now!

I came across an F-pack and a plastic bag with k-meta, sorbate, and fining agent but I had no idea which kit they went with!
smiley3.gif
Luckily I had taken a permanent marker and written that info on the F-pack and all that just came with the latest Chocolate Raspberry Port so I realized this stuff goes with the White Zin!

Take 15 seconds and write the name of the kit on your extra pieces parts! It's a simple way to keep track of what you have and it helps avoid a serious sense of panic!

I think we have all done that at one time or another. I wish WE would put a little piece of paper on the f-packs with what kit they go to. It would be very easy to mix them up and have a strawberry flavored chocolate port and a chocolate flavored strawberry wine. Wait, those might taste good.....

I take all of my ingredients and put them in a large Zip-Lock bag. I cut a slot in it and slide it over the neck of a carboy. I also put the directions from the kit with the box sticker stuck to the instructions in the bag. I scribble the SG reading, racking dates, etc. on the instruction sheet as the kit progresses. Works for me.

Conical2.jpg

I do a similar thing smurfe, but the f-pack would take a pretty large bag to go in
smiley4.gif

I love the looks of that shiny toy! What does that gadget do? Force carbonation?

When we have an F pack we usually keep it in the box in which the kit came. I have also done what Smurfe does, but usually not the F pack, just the other things. But yes, I certainly see the wisdom in labeling that F pack!

Latest posts

Back