WHAT IS IN YOUR MUSIC COLLECTION

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgecaprock

Reaction score
I was looking at RuleG's album collection and it brought back alot of memories. I use Rhapsody now and can find just about anything Im looking for.
My very first album that I bought for 2 dollars and change was Led Zepplin, Whole Lotta Love.

I don't have any of the actual albums now but my favorites were:

QuickSilver Messenger Service.
Pink Floyd
Led Zep
Robin Trower
Joni Mitchell
Joe Walsh
Grand Funk
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
Alleman Bros
Moody Blues
Procol Harum
Jefferson Airplane
Janis Joplin

No particular order....and probably alot more that I haven't thought of right now.

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

All of the above with exception of QuickSilver, never heard of that 1.
Molly Hatchet
ACDC, Bad Co., Billy Joel, Buffalo Springfield, Neil Young, Skynyrd, CCR, Chicago, Cream, Clapton, ELO, Fleetwood Mac, Grass Roots, James Taylor, Jim Croce and plenty others.
I have a lot of new stuff and oldies too plus a lot of classical. I have around 40 gigs of music that Ive collected over the past 10 years with a computer and Cd's

Still got the old vinyls down in the basement. Mostly from the late 60's and early 70's. Some of the 33's are Mamas and Papas, CCR, Rolling Stones,The Animals, Kris Kristofferson, just to name a few. Then there are the 45's.
smiley1.gif

Yes we do. Have to look but I don't think there are any 78's down there anymore. The turntable quite on us though.

Joplin, Dylan, Eagles, Moody Blues, James Taylor, Zepplin, Carol King, Willie Nelson, Ted Nugent, Creedence, Beatles, Stones, Morriison, Allman Bros, Pink Floyd, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Chopin, Handel, Lots of differenf Blues artist...fav is Sonny Boy Williamson

As I stated in the previous thread:

Bob Dylan
Cream
Jimi Hendrix
Allman Brothers
John Mayall
Grateful Dead
Jefferson Airplane
Little Feat
Traffic
It's a Beautiful Day
Jethro Tull
Led Zepplin

PeterZ - I like Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited and Blonde on Blonde and The Allman Brothers Live at the Fillmore East.

I received a juke box for my 15th birthday and have over 400 - 45's with a ton of thehits from the 60's and early 70's. I think I have every 45 put out by the Beatles and some on the original Capitol Label. I take very good care of them. I wish I could find someone to work on the old juke box. It works, but the sound is not good. I started to copy all of the 45's to my computer, but then I started the business and don't have the time to finish them.

That jukebox would be the life of any party. What a walk down memory lane!

Does anyone remember this? This was a time when being ona mailing list brought something besidesjunk mailto your mail box!

100_1376.jpg

Edited by: Rule G

When I was a young boy, about 10, my dad would bring home boxes of 45's from the local radio station. They would give him stacks of demo records they got for air time. I must admit most of them were really bad, but now and agin there would be a real gem mixed in with them. I used to use them for tossing and shooting with a bb gun. I probably broke some that would be worth a fortune now!
smiley18.gif

Ramona - I have both Quicksilver albums. Anyone remember Ian Matthews? I got an autographed album from him one night in return for a couple of swigs of Southern Comfort (I was about 17 - I was a very bad boy).

another I I didn't see: Don McLean (American Pie). Had his first album before American Pie came out.

OK. Best Dylan album: Highway 61 Revisited. Best Allman Brothers album: Idlewild South. (In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed is the best rock instrumental of all time.)

Of course, I have to add all of the Beethoven, Motzart, Stravinski, etc. One of my dreams (unfullfilled) in my youth was to be in Berlin on New Years Eve to hear Herbert von Karajan conduct the Berlin Philharmonic performing Beethoven's Ninth.

I did get to see Dame Margot Fontian's closing night with the Royal Canadian Ballet opposite Rudolph Nureyev. She was amazing at 53 years old. I'll never forget that performance.

Barenaked Ladies
Chicago
Corrine Bailey Rae
The Coors
Crosby, Stills, and Nash
Donovan
Eric Clapton
Jack Johnson
James Taylor
Nickel Creek
Paul Simon
Rascal Flatts

Heard Bob Dylan's Hurricane the other day on the radio, It stuck in my head for day's. Finally had to down load it for my on collection. Y'all Need to check out Brandi Carlile's "The Story". Janis Joplin - Bob Dylan mix in to one.

Most of what I've seen here I have or have had. I still have my vinyl and turntable, but I need a pre-amp for it. Must add:
Pink Floyd
Rolling Stones
Mason Jennings
Aretha Franklin
BB King
Willie Nelson
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Queen
The Moody Blues
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Michael Buble' (oh baby!)
Lou Reed
King Krimson
Jimmy Hendrix
Grateful Dead
Johnny Cash
Etta James
Little Feat...

Oh, I could go on and on!

Funny how so many of us have the same taste/collection in music...must be talkin 'bout our generation
smiley16.gif

My father was a jazz musician (when he wasn't flying C-130s for the Air Force) and between him and my mom I have a wonderful collection of 1950s - 1960s Miles Davis, Stan Getz, Zoot Sims, Ornette Coleman and others!
I don't have a turntable anymore, but I discovered that they now sell a turntable that can hook up to your computer via a USB port!

I know what I want for Christmas (aside from one of everything from FVW!)

Cant forget Santana, Blues Traveler, The Stones, Joe Walsh, and Marshall Tucker. Must be a wine making theme.

Edited by: wade

Mine are several you guys mentioned and which lead to some you did not.
Chicago
ELo
Pink Floyd
Elton John
Earth Wind and Fire
Neil Diamond
and R&B groups from the 70's and 80"s I have about 300 Love them horns!

Back