BLACK BEAN/CORN/TOMATO SALSA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Necessity is the mother of invention.....Scoured the Web looking for a recipe for Black Bean/Corn/Tomato Salsa. Found lots of recipes for fresh but none that you could can for later use....

Used a recipe from the Extension service for salsa and added the corn and beans and my favorite spices.

salsaSmall.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~BLACK BEAN/CORN/TOMATO SALSA~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7 QTS. ROMA TOMATOES [peeled, cored and coarsely chopped]
4 CUPS RED AND GREEN BELL PEPPERS
5 CUPS CHOPPED ONIONS
3 HEADS GARLIC MINCED
10 HOT PEPPERS [to your taste]
4 CUPS COOKED CORN KERNELS [drained]
3 15 oz CANS BLACK BEANS [rinsed and drained]
2 CUPS VINEGAR
2 12 oz CANS TOMATO PASTE [whisked together with the vinegar]

Bring vegetables to boil and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.

ADD:
2 T GROUND CORIANDER
2 T GROUND CUMIN
1 1/2 T GROUND CHIPOTLE POWDER [or to taste]
2 T SALT
1 T BLACK PEPPER

Simmerfor 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Ladle into hot jars with slotted spoon. Wipe jar rim, top with hot lids and rings. Process for 15 minutes.

YIELD: 20 PINTS

I think making stuff from scratch is so cool! The only thing folks around here make are complications... Not really. My Gay neighbor Ted cooks me dinner every once in a while, I think he likes me. The Jewish lady at the end of the street makes brownies when it's voting time. The Bolivians cross the street make messes of inconceivable magnitude. As you can see making wine is my way of coping with the neighbors.

SBRanch said:
I think making stuff from scratch is so cool! The only thing folks around here make are complications... Not really. My Gay neighbor Ted cooks me dinner every once in a while, I think he likes me. The Jewish lady at the end of the street makes brownies when it's voting time. The Bolivians cross the street make messes of inconceivable magnitude. As you can see making wine is my way of coping with the neighbors.

Keep making wine!!!! Drink a few too....
smiley4.gif

SBRanch said:
Oh man! I am so jealous! I could stand to meet your neighbors! A couple of years ago a neighbor called to see if I had any Tabasco sauce, and could she have a few drops. She told me, "I didn't know if anyone around here would have Tabasco sauce, but I did know if anyone on the street had it, it would be you."
smiley36.gif

This Salsa is so good...it keeps disappearing....
Mixed up another batch today....

goodiesWinCE.jpg
rawWinCE.jpg

Running out of tomatoes out there..as well as jars and shelf space....time to play another game.

Latest posts

Back