Favorite Cheese

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite cheese with wine

• Total voters
peterZ,
Yes, Spec's has the cigars in the huge walk in humidor. That store is amazing. You can spend the day in there!!!

Ramona

Northern Winos said:
I like wine and any
strong-sharp cheese....BUT.....I LOVE wine and chocolate...GHIRARDELLI
is best...like the black dark chocolate....72% cocoa...will really
crank me up...then I can't sleep for hours....

Tonight I had dark chocolate and heavy red Chokecherry wine....yum!!!!

We went to a crab feed at one of our local wineries last night.
For dessert, they paired their Wine Lover's Chocolate with their Pinot
Noir. The chocolate came in a tin. 56% cocoa. It did
pair well with the Pinot Noir.

As fas as my favorite cheese,

Old Amsterdam Aged Gouda

Fiscalini Bandaged Chedder

Rogue Creamery Rogue River Blue

St. Andre Triple Cream Brie

I'm a cheese snob
smiley9.gif

Tom

I hated Bleu cheese all my life till lately. Now I have to have fresh crumbled in my salads. It's funny how our tastes change.

Fresh Danish Blue, together with jalapeno peppers and Olives will just make a salad zinggg...

If you leave a wedge of brie sit out at room temperature for about an
hour, there's nothing better with a nice glass of beaujolais. Got a
batch of blackberry port goin', me thinks stilton or some type blue
with that. Maytag, or something. When it comes to cheddar, I think I'll
have a long-neck BUD, thank you very much. Hey, Smurfe, where at in
Illinois are you from?

Alley Rat, You are absolutly right!
Bought myself some gorgonzola this afternoon. Just about to try a snip.

I really like Irish Cheddar, but voted for Swiss because it's great and underrated.
smiley1.gif

Brian

Asiago is similar to Romano in its make, same cultures used, slightly different amount of Lipase, biggest difference is it is a little higher in fat, giving it a much different mouth feel , that translates into perception of flavor.

I really like Brie alot. Kind of an interesting musty flavor....JW do you know what produces that taste?

20070502_181030_100_1369_Small.jpg

This Baked Brie was sooooo gooood!!!!

Every cheese type has a specific starter culture used, mesophilic (also called lactic, cheddar styles) or thermophilic, (work at higher temps, most Italian styles).Some even incorporate both.There are also at times specific cultures,lipase,rennet added for flavor profiles desired, and fat levels are adjusted, moist , etc. Ive never made a Brie, so don't know off hand what and how much is used in it, surly there is a specific culture added to it.

ASiago is an Italian cheese, hard to get - at lest in La. I used to have to order wheels from Minn or Mich (never could tell those two apart). Now Sam's carries it, very reasonable too.

We shred it for salads, melt it for cooking, eat it in chunks for snacks or with crackers - very versatile. The taset isn't as strong as a Parmesan Reggiano, but more than Romano.

I had some Asiago which was nice but also bought some Manchego and that was really nice with a bottle of Red wine from a local winery that I went to on Sunday.

Latest posts

Back