Favorite Cheese

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite cheese with wine

• Total voters
That was a tough one because it's not always the same, sometimes a cheddar, sometimes a gouda and sometimes it's just what the store has that looks good. But mostley it would have to be cheddar, sence thats what I can make at home.

Where is Velveeta?
smiley2.gif
You all might think I am yanking your crank but I just love a grilled cheese sandwich made with Velveeta and a glass of wine. I am not a big white wine drinker but it sure goes good with a nice grilled cheese toasty.
smiley32.gif

There are quite a few cheeses I like but I honestly don't know the names of them or even worse, can't pronounce them.
smiley18.gif
I like all of them on the list.

Smurfe

smurfe do live in the South? 90% of recipes down here have velveeta and rotel in them.
smiley36.gif
well, the dinners my in-laws make anyway.

You need an "Other" category. My favorite probably is aged manchego. I also like feta, bleu, stilton, cheddar, etc....

sangwitch said:
smurfe do live in the South? 90% of recipes down here have velveeta and rotel in them.
smiley36.gif
well, the dinners my in-laws make anyway.

Yeah, I live about 10-15 miles out of Baton Rouge toward New Orleans. I am from Illinois though. I loved Velveeta there as well!
smiley36.gif

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Waldo, of your list there I like Gouda. I like the others too, just depends on what you are in the mood for. Kind of like wine. I also really like Manchego and I've heard it is really good with Quince Paste....anyone ever try that?

Ramona
pirat02.gif
When the world ends there will still be Velveta!!
Smurfe, Velveta is Nuclear!!!!

I voted for the Swiss, but my really answer is....

A fridge is completely unstocked unless it has half a dozen different cheeses in it.

My refrigerator has the following:

Sharp Vermont cheddar
Gouda
Aged Gouda (very different from above)
Feta
Stilton
Danish Blue
Jarlsberg
Applewood Cheddar
Parmesan and Mozzaralla (obviously)
Brie

I don't have much meat in there but I do have a lot of veggies and fruit.

Oh... and carol is out shopping as we speak!
smiley1.gif
Edited by: peterCooper

I would like to find a good reliable source for some good cheeses. Try something different occasionaly.

Waldo,

Here is the link to the store where Curtis works, they have cheeses from all over the world. I'm not sure but I think that they ship them I'll have to get with him andask. His store covers a city block. I've been to their cheese and deli department and they have cheeses as far as the eye can see. Just check it out and look around.

http://web.specsonline.com/cgi-bin/snf?body=/cgi-bin/prodlist&index=Foods|437|CHEESE+WEIGHED#140

If anyone is looking for certain commercial wines check that out too.

Ramona

rgecaprock said:
Waldo,

Here is the link to the store where Curtis works, they have cheeses from all over the world. I'm not sure but I think that they ship them I'll have to get with him andask. His store covers a city block. I've been to their cheese and deli department and they have cheeses as far as the eye can see. Just check it out and look around.

http://web.specsonline.com/cgi-bin/snf?body=/cgi-bin/prodlist&index=Foods|437|CHEESE+WEIGHED#140

If anyone is looking for certain commercial wines check that out too.

Ramona

WOW!! Thanks Ramona

I like wine and any strong-sharp cheese....BUT.....I LOVE wine and chocolate...GHIRARDELLI is best...like the black dark chocolate....72% cocoa...will really crank me up...then I can't sleep for hours....

Tonight I had dark chocolate and heavy red Chokecherry wine....yum!!!!

Now that sounds good too NW. Have you ever tried a Port with your chocolates? Edited by: Waldo

Scotty, get a napkin! Wipe your lips!
smiley36.gif
I haven't had a good provolone for a long time. I'm going to Minneapolis next weekend, maybe I can find one there... Now look what you've done! I have to go shopping!
smiley2.gif

Last time I was in Specs they had a very nice selection of cigars, too. Do they still have that?

PolishWineP said:
Scotty, get a napkin! Wipe your lips!
smiley36.gif
I haven't had a good provolone for a long time. I'm going to Minneapolis next weekend, maybe I can find one there... Now look what you've done! I have to go shopping!
smiley2.gif
Actually, I was in Philly for a week and went to china town, the redding market and the italian market.
I have the fritos syndrome when it comes to great food. Bet I just cant eat one bite.

The italian market had Proscuitto, provolone, capacolla etc. The redding market is full of those evil german butchers. Scrapple, head cheese, many home made wursts.
I wont go into the varietys of cheesecakes and breads available
smiley36.gif

Chinatown and a dozen diferent types of dim sum caused me to sin on more than one day though.
smiley19.gif

Latest posts

Back