Music and Winemaking

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What music is int he background when you are working with your wines?

• Classical

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oldies

• 80’s-90’s

• Rap

• Country

• Total voters

MedPretzel

Reaction score
Alright, Here we go.

I was wanting to post what I was listening to when I posted one of my tutorials, but it just didn't fit. So I started this poll.

Oldies for me. While doing my "gravity filter" how-to, I was listening to Janis Joplin.

Boy, do I want a Mercedes Benz.

This is a hard question as I like a wide variety of music. Most of the time it is from the 60's, but I would never turn off "Rhapsody in Blue" or "Beethoven's Fifth". Throw in a few Lennon-McCartney tunes and you have a great listening pleasure and some pretty mellow wine!

My fiancée has been overwhelming me with Christmas music since the day after Thanksgiving......Rudolf is driving me to drink. <?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape>
smiley11.gif
</v:image></v:shape>

After Christmas it will be back to the 80's-90's and Today's music. Tom Petty, Green Day, Blink 182 etc.......

Edited by: Big Port

Lynard Skynard, Mountain, Ted Nugent, Stevie Ray Vaughn, &amp; Cross Canadian Ragweed. No section on the poll for good 70's music. Classic Rock?

Ravi Shankar and daughter to settle the mind on the task. Keep it low so
you can "hear the wine, Grasshopper..."

I'm with George, I like a wide variety of music. HOWEVER, if it's wine making music...it's got to be Elvis.

I suppose that the 70s music must be considered oldies!
smiley19.gif
Gues some of us were born before sweet Martina! It's so hard to consider "your" music as oldies!

We really listen to a variety of musics. If I'm feeling particularly nice I'll put in 5 discs of country, blue grass and cowboy music for Bert. I won't put in the discs that I don't care for though!
smiley5.gif
Depending on the time of day, often we're working with wines when A Prairie Home Companion is on, so that's always good listening. And if I'm feeling owly I put on classical music and hang what anyone else wants. But old Bert's getting better about that. He no longer "can't stand it" and has moved up to "puts up with it!" Old dogs can change!
smiley36.gif

I usually listen to alternative......like Staind, 3 Doors Down, NIN, Nickelback,Hoobastank,etc. Or grunge, like Alice in Chains. Sometimes Electronica. And New Age when I really want to "peace out". Jazz, PatMetheny. Some older Country, too.

Getting kind of bored of 70's rock.

Right now....Trans Siberian Orchestra.

Ramona

Wait a minute! I could only put 5 different categories on the poll!!!

smiley36.gif

And...

My "oldies" station plays 70's music as well. (Hence, I am an oldie too) They even play billy joel on that station.
smiley36.gif

Well, I guess we'll forgive you then.
smiley2.gif
I noticed that so far no one has chosen the the "r" word up there...

I try not to have to much noise going in the background. I need to be able to listen to how much wine Im pouring into my glass so I don't have to take my eyes off while filling my bottles..............

But any other time, I listen to country.

Edited by: jobe05

Based on what I know of my home wine makers, I feel very confident that nobody who would have been affended is on this forum.
smiley36.gif

I have come to appreciate Latino music being on job sites and all. Don't known what they are saying but I like the beat.

George.

I like the United Airlines animated commercials with Rhapsody in Blue as the music....know which one I mean?

Ramona

Latest posts

Back