Too sour SP

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBend

Reaction score
Opened a bottle of Pomagranite Skeeter Pee, it is very sour, so sour in order to drink it we have to add apacket of sugar/Equal/Etc. to each glass in order to drink it. Today I uncorked 24 bottles and poured them back into a empty fermenter and now I am cooking some some inverted sugar on the stove and well add the additional sugar as needed to taste and then re-bottle. Hope it works. My other batch was perfect, 2 more batches in secondary now.

did you take a hydrometer reading when you bottled it the first time? You should do this, fine what would be your sweet level and then take a reading, now record that always backsweeten to this level.

What a bummer you have to open up all those bottles but you really didn't have much choice.

Last edited:
Too late, already added the inverted sugar. I do take readings but unfortunatley I do not record my findings. I added 3 cups of sugar to heated SP and added to taste, all 3 cups. It took a lot of tastes, so I got a good buzz. Good thing it was hot out. Now I well add some sparkoloid again and so how i turns out in the end.

A little follow-up.....92 degrees today and humid as a swimming pool, so I dipped into the settleing batch of re-sweetened SP. It was fantastic. Adding the 3 cups of additional sugar worked. :dg

Latest posts

Back