Do you have pets? and if so does their hair get into your wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abefroman

Reaction score
Do you have pets? and if so does their hair get into your wine?

I found a cat hair in my primary and have no idea how it got there, as I've had it covered.

I have a black lab and her hair is everywhere. She has not been in the basement in over 2 years and her hair is still finding it's way into my primaries and everywhere else. There is no real way (besides getting rid of her) to avoid all the hair.

I have 5 cats and a big dog which is 1/2 Husky!!!!! Its one reason why I have to ferment all my wines with a lid snapped shut or 1 of the cats will get in or fall in!

Oh no here we go again! :slp

Actually we have 2 dogs and a cat. I try to make sure that I have clean clothes on when I mess with the wine as I do when I cook. Our pets don't really shed much so there isn't a lot of hair flying around.
I know that many here have rooms dedicated to wine making and if you could do that it would be easier to lock the animals out of your wine space.

We have two dogs and yes there is a lot of hair floating around. All this makes me wonder.... With all this hair floating around, why am I worried about sanitizing my equipment?

I've got a rottie/golden mix and yes, i find his fur in all sorts of random places...even if he's never been in there.

I have no pets and still get the hair. Go to a friends house for 10 min and the hair WILL find its way into my house. Not happy about it, but I do like his dog. Chessy retriever.

We have a dog and cats in the house but as of yet I have not found any animal hair in my wine knock on wood It will probably happen now that I have said this

I found a couple of hares in my wine. Any suggestions?
evilgrin.gif

hares.jpg

Last edited:
My suggestion is trap those hares and do a free release right in the south central PA area... hahaha

Just call your finished product "Hair of the Dog"----It's supposed to be great for hangovers.

no hares were harmed in this thread right..........that is so bad, you only meet them when you are married and youre wife is in the next room

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back