cans grape concentrate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casper

Reaction score
I will make blackberries wine next month, I have been looking for recipes and some are using cans of grape concentrate with there blackberries. What will be the raison for that? Should I use it to? I have 20 LB of Blackberries.

20 pounds berries is plenty to make a good 5 gallon batch without the need for any other juice or concentrate. The concentrate idea comes from those who want us all to think we can't make wine without grape juice.

I agree with Hippie. I made my first fruit wine 2 months ago (1 gallon of Blueberry). I followed the recipe her at finevinewine.com. I tasted my wine before I was supposed to add the grape juice and sorbate. I liked the way it tasted! It was a dry red wine with lots of flavor and perfectly acidic. I bottled it ...as is.
smiley4.gif

We'll have to wait and see if my strawberry/peach comes out as well.

Thanks for the advice, I will go without concentrate juice, can’t wait to start this wine.
smiley1.gif
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Am I being snobbish? About the worst way of adding grape to the wine
would be though a can. I'm with Hippie. You can make wine from anything.
You don't need grapes. But if you're going to use grapes then use the best
ingredients.

I'm no expert, but I do know that if you follow Hippie's advice, you're definitely not wrong.
smiley1.gif
He's helped me through many batches of wine, and they've all turned out better than just okay.
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back