Vineco Volcanic Red (Chile)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreR

Reaction score
Hey folks! Merry Belated Christmas!!
My significant other was nice enough to get me a wine kit for Christmas. Love that woman!! :h
This kit is advertised as an Ultra Premium wine kit, with 16l of juice and 2l of wine skins. Its a Passport Series from Vinco, called Volcanic Red. I'm turning to the experience of the forum, asking who has tried it, your thoughts, and any tips tricks, or techniques, to help me get the most from this kit. Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hey folks! Merry Belated Christmas!!

My significant other was nice enough to get me a wine kit for Christmas. Love that woman!! :h

This kit is advertised as an Ultra Premium wine kit, with 16l of juice and 2l of wine skins. Its a Passport Series from Vinco, called Volcanic Red. I'm turning to the experience of the forum, asking who has tried it, your thoughts, and any tips tricks, or techniques, to help me get the most from this kit. Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas!

I've heard very good things about the Passport series. Can't really get them around me (and the WinExpert kits are substantially cheaper than any online price I can find for the Passport). So, I tend towards the higher-end WE kits. I'd bet the same notions apply: Follow the directions, except skip the sorbate (no need for it in a dry red); bulk age for 6 - 12 months and oak to taste.

Oh, and your wife is awesome, by the way.

Last edited:
We started this kit Dec 9th. Added some FT rouge to primary. Other than that, it will be bulk aged for about 12 months and we'll probably add some oak cubes as it goes into bulk aging. Then it will be bottled and left to sit at least a few months before we start sampling the occasional bottle.

We started this kit Dec 9th. Added some FT rouge to primary. Other than that, it will be bulk aged for about 12 months and we'll probably add some oak cubes as it goes into bulk aging. Then it will be bottled and left to sit at least a few months before we start sampling the occasional bottle.

Bottled this evening. Interesting that after 12+ months of bulk aging, it still had a bit of co2 left that needed removal via vacuum. Not much to brag about at this point. It tasted quite uneventful and nondescript by itself at bottling, but paired quite well with dinner (home made pizza) soon after bottling. We'll give it another 12 months of rest in the bottle and see how it turns out.

Accidentally opened one of these last night. What an improvement in just three months. This one should be really good in a year or two.

Latest posts

Back