Vineco Sweet Reserve

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtwdonald

Junior
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new to wine making and had a question. I'm making a Cheeky Monkey German Gewürztraminer, the kit comes with a bag of sweet reserve. Can I leave this out to make a dryer wine?
Ryan

Yes, but those packs generally have lots of flavorings in them as well as invert sugar and stabilizers. The only way to tell is to taste it after fermentation.

You could also add it at the beginning and see how that goes.

Hi there, I'm new to wine making and had a question. I'm making a Cheeky Monkey German Gewürztraminer, the kit comes with a bag of sweet reserve. Can I leave this out to make a dryer wine?
Ryan
Ryan:

Yes you can leave it out. When I made this kit, I added the full Suss Reserve, but if I make it again I'll probably go with half or none.

With the Ken Ridge Showcase German Gewürztraminer, I have added the Suss Reserve to the primary fermenter in place of some of the water to make a dry Gewürztraminer. Very good!

DoctorCAD:

This kit is a straight Gewürztraminer. The extra bag (aka F pack or Suss Reserve} does not contain any flavours like a mist wine kit (eg Island Mist or Niagara Mist). My notes on this kit indicate it was probably grape juice concentrate. Although this might add some flavour, it would be nothing like the F pack in a mist kit.

Steve

Back