Hello from Central Pennsylvania

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CantDecideIT

Junior
Reaction score
New to this forum and new to wine making. I'm from the Harrisburg, PA area.

This past April I picked up a 6 gallon bucket of Chilean Muscat juice as my first attempt at making wine. It's fermented out well and is currently aging in the carboy.

I've also just recently started a batch of Skeeter Pee. A previous attempt failed as I couldn't get fermentation started. Also I hope to start a batch of Skittles wine this evening.

Welcome to WMT. I'm a little south of you near York. This is a great place to learn with great people to help you.

Hi CantDecideIT,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. Love seein another PA'er :db

Wait till you guys figure out Pennsylvania aint even real, I still find it odd that about 1/6 the members are from PA :)
Welcome.

Hi, I'm a little south of you too in Maryland:) I'm also new to wine making but I'm lovin it!
WMT has been so helpful!

Thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks everyone! So far this has been a really fun hobby. I got my start by visiting Mr. Steve's in York harleydmn. We also have one here in Camp Hill.

Cindy, the winery where I got my juice from is in Forest Hill, MD not too far from the state line. They seem like a great bunch of people. Looking forward to getting more juice in the fall.

cantdecideit, thats what I plan to do is spend a few weekends this summer visiting winerys and buying fruit/grapes whenever I have the chance and freeze them. I love this hobby I just need to quit tasting my wine and wait till its atleast bottled for a week or two lol I can't help it my strawberry rocket fuel already tastes great:dg

Cant, did you get the juice from Harford Winery?. This was my first juice I ever done. They were great to deal with and I also will be getting more from them this fall. Have you ever been to the wine club at Mr Steve's in York? Next meeting is Wed. at 7:30, great bunch of people and we talk and try each others wine. Check out the facebook page York, PA Wine Lovers Club

That's the one Harley. I've never been to the meetings at Mr. Steve's but maybe now is a good time to start. I'll be the new guy there :h

Hey Runningwolf. Did you ever make that second batch of Skittle Wine? I got my going last night. This morning it's got that nasty crust on top. Yum :h

I think the recipe listed on this site though is off on the sugar. Instead of using 7 pounds (for 3 gallons) as the recipe called for, I used 4 and still ended up with a SG of 1.106! Good think I didn't add the rest.

Hey Runningwolf. Did you ever make that second batch of Skittle Wine? I got my going last night. This morning it's got that nasty crust on top. Yum :h
No that was a one time deal. It was very good and I still have about 15 bottles left. It's too sweet for me but was fun making. Great conversation piece and a lot of people like it that like Skittles candy.

funny this site is loaded with pennsylvanians.... i grew up in renovo (just north of lock haven) and moved to shamokin.... then about 2 years ago moved to virginia beach

Another PA newbie checking in...from the Lehigh Valley. Harleydmn, my dad grew up on a farm in Seven Valleys. My mom worked at Brown's Orchard when it was a little fruit stand. We still go back for Carman's ice cream!

Well I am glad to see all the central PAers on here.. I hope to be seeing you all at our wine club meeting on Wed evening. Great to meet people face to face and try each others wines. Wolf we might be getting a big group here like you have out there in the Western part of hte state. We might need to meet in the middle for a PA Wine convention...haha

Another PA newbie checking in...from the Lehigh Valley. Harleydmn, my dad grew up on a farm in Seven Valleys. My mom worked at Brown's Orchard when it was a little fruit stand. We still go back for Carman's ice cream!
Let me know when you go for ice cream, maybe we can trade a couple bottles

Latest posts

Back