First Post from bzac

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzac

Reaction score
Hello , My name is Zac Brown

I've been making wine for over 10 years and active on a couple wine forums for a couple years . I hope to have fun and learn lots here

Z

Hello , My name is Zac Brown

I've been making wine for over 10 years and active on a couple wine forums for a couple years . I hope to have fun and learn lots here

Z
Welcome young traveller. Always happy to see your name on the forums. When I saw the post title, I thought "HUUH???".

And that's London England, not London Ontario, right?

Steve

Welcome bzac; I did a double take when I saw your name too!
Folks - this guy knows his wine and is a master of tweaks.

thanks for the warm welcome.

I thought I'd try this forum , been on another one for a few years and felt like a bit of a change.

yes thats london england, working on a project for a bit , but vancouvers home.

Z

Welcome to our site there bzac. Glad you came over! We can always use more wealth of knowledge!

Welcome to WMT Zac. I know you from WPF and I I can tell everyone here that you will be teaching far more than you will be learning. When Zac speaks people listen. These are some of the friendliest folks you will meet on line. welcome again.

Hi Bzac,

I know you won't remember me from the other forum that you were on, haven't been on there for the last couple of years but I remember you as someone who has a lot of knowledge about winemaking.

Welcome to winemakingtalk, glad to have you here.

Hello and welcome, Mr. Port Man!

I say "Port Man" because I distinctly remember on another forum your huge thread on making and aging port.

Would like to see something like that right here. (hint, hint)

Welcome to our little forum Zac. I always enjoy your posts on WP. I hope you can settle down some day so you don't need to keep Globe Hopping every year or two. Seems like you just left Vancouver.

Welcome Zac !
Good to see your name on this forum, you come with alot of knowledge and information as well. Looking foward to chatting with you.

How did I mis this thread yesterday??? Zac welcome to WMT. It is a pleasure to have you here and like the others I've followed your posts over there for quite some time. I look forward to your postings over here.

I thought this might be a good forum. Didn't expect to encounter ethnic slurs and ignorance.

Good luck with the forum. Might be along time before I contribute again.

There are a lot of good people here , too bad there is a sprinkling of those who feel ethnic slurs are ever justifiable.
They ruin it for everyone.

To the good folks , good luck and all the best. To the rest.....

Zac

I thought this might be a good forum. Didn't expect to encounter ethnic slurs and ignorance.

Good luck with the forum. Might be along time before I contribute again.

There are a lot of good people here , too bad there is a sprinkling of those who feel ethnic slurs are ever justifiable.
They ruin it for everyone.

To the good folks , good luck and all the best. To the rest.....

Zac

I would ask that you please re-consider. Take a few days off but come back. Racial slurs are not tolerated but sometimes the mods are just not on at the time it happens. I was gone these last few days and had no idea what was going on until yesterday.

Again, I ask that you give us a second chance.

Bzac : I am sorry that you might have had a bad experience by a racial slur on this forum. I personally did not know alot of racial slurs until other people pointed them out to me and from that point on I try my best not to have them come out of my mouth. I must say it had alot to do with my upbringing - which is not easy to change

I hope you may reconsider

Sorry to hear that...I enjoy reading your posts. Hope you change your mind.

Zac, I hope you reconsider. I came across this forum before any other on home winemaking, and have greatly valued the advice and info herein. Your posts are some of the best, and I've only now seen that you're a recent member. Solidarity, though: if an apology and retraction were not quickly offered I can see why you'd want to leave.

Too bad , I met him a couple times as we were involved in a project in the oilsands , he was working with us to help us engage the local first nations native village , a kinder man you'll never meet.

Talking over coffee one day he was able to explain mlf so that I understood it's importance and he even taught me how to culture MLB with apple juice and acclimatize it in steps. My wines have been better for it.

He also gave me some tips on making better wine from the old marachal Foch vines on my parents farm. Using GRE yeast , American oak chips in the primary , pressing at 4 brix reduces the metallic character Foch can have , and doing full mlf and aging in a neutral barrel.
I never really liked dads Foch before but these tips make a great one.

JE

Latest posts

Back