SO2 ANALYZER METER, FREE S02 w/REAGENT-VINMETRICA SC-100™

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually clicked on this item yesterday or the day before. I'm trying har not to pull the plug and click the link. That is a good deal IMHO.

Whats the normal price on this? Not MSRP but average you find online.

Joe, I was surprised to see this listed at Cynmar. As far as I know they are the very first retailer to sell it. Before this we were buying it direct from the man that developed it. I think he was selling it at $245.00

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought mine direct and mentioned a wine forum and he threw in an extra set of reagents. This was a month ago so he might still offer that.

I agree, have not seen this for sale anywhere else other than the Vinmetrica website before this. IIRC he did a group buy over at WinePress when they first came out for ~$195. After that they went up to current prices.

Whats the normal price on this? Not MSRP but average you find online.

Joe, I was surprised to see this listed at Cynmar. As far as I know they are the very first retailer to sell it. Before this we were buying it direct from the man that developed it. I think he was selling it at $245.00

I agree, have not seen this for sale anywhere else other than the Vinmetrica website before this. IIRC he did a group buy over at WinePress when they first came out for ~$195. After that they went up to current prices.

Actually the original price was $195 but due to going to a different manufacturer he had to raise the price to the current price. I was in on the original group buy when they first came out at around $159. He was so over whelmed at the amount of purchases he had to stop at relatively quick.

Also keep in mind we were the risk takers. That was a lot of money for an item like that just coming out on the market with no reviews. We tested it and reviewed it on the forums.

So it's not like it's a HUGE price reduction, just throwing in the extra chemicals is the sweetened deal. Am I right?

I am not sure what you're saying. Buying it from Cynmar is $239 and buying it direct is $245. You're getting the exact same product.

Personally I would buy from Cynmar and stock up on a bunch of lab equipment to save on s/h (all the little stuff that doesn't cost a lot but the shipping would of killed you other wise).

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on the SO2 tester/analyzer. Thanks to a very generous wife and kids on Father's Day, I ordered the complete setup today. With the help of Dan (Runningwolf) guiding me through the additional equipment/material list, I picked up the stand, clamps, beakers, pipets, etc.,etc., etc. Thanks, Dan.
My PPB (price per bottle) just went up significantly. Oh well, now I know I will stay with this obsession---I have to. :b

I was going to say that the bottles you do make now will be perfect.

Last edited:
It only took 2 attempts with the Accuvin with both my wife and I trying to agree on the correct color for me to make the decision. We were at least
20 ppm apart both times.

Back