Safe to drink?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any alternative to campden tablets? Let's just say I won't be able to buy them where I am.

I think most of the thread respondents are assuming you have normal access to wine making supplies and equipment. Is it the country or institution that may be limiting your access?

Country. Also, I was wondering if it's possible for wine to turn to vinegar even after fermentation? I was transfering my first batch to a different bottle so it wouldn't have the yeast in the bottom and noticed it still has that sour smell to it from fermentation. How can I distinguish between the fermentation smell and if its vinegar? I just tasted and it doesn't have a "vinegar" taste to it.

Last edited:
Something funny though, I tasted it immediately after fermentation and it tasted pretty good. Although I already had some tequila before so I'm guessing that could have taken away from the sugary/sour/artifical sweetener taste I tasted a week later. It was pretty clear when I transferred it to another glass. I also think I put too much table sugar for the fermentation.

Latest posts

Back