Greetings from Michigan!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AxiomWinery

Junior
Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Rob and I'm a winemaker from Ann Arbor, MI.

I got into wine making about a year ago and I've only done one batch so far. It was a 2010 Italian Primitivo, and it turned out spectacularly! It is a super smooth, medium bodied wine with a bright fruity flavor. A great wine for my first batch. I was very pleased at the result.

The reason I only did one batch in the past year, is because I wanted to see how well I could do, so as not to brew two or three batches of wine wondering if I did it wrong. I can only imagine the feeling when one has to dump wine because it oxidized or wasn't cleared properly :( So I had to make sure I did well before investing in another batch.

I plan to begin my second batch later this week. Going for a classic California Cabernet Sauvignon this time. I already have the ingredients, I just need to sanitize that fermentor and get started! I also know what I'd like to do for my third batch, but that won't be started until later this summer.

Maynard James Keenan (Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer) is my top inspiration for getting into winemaking. His labels are Caduceus Cellars, Merkin Vineyards and Arizona Stronghold. I love his music, and I absolutely love his wine. He inspires me because he's first hand involved in his winemaking and doesn't just slap his name on the label. And the wines are all very high quality and very good. I was also impressed with the fact that this wine comes from Arizona, not a common place to grow grapes!

Axiom (ax-i-om) noun: A self evident truth that requires no proof.

I strive to portray that self evident statement in my wines. I want them to speak for themselves. Thats why I chose the name "Axiom Winery" for my label. Because every bottle of my wine is an axiom.

Thanks for having me on your forum! I look forward to joining the discussion, and participating in the conversation.

Thanks for reading my long intro!

Rob
AxiomWinery

Welcome to WMT! Glad you found us. There are a few MJK fans floating around here (me for one since I am trying to do much the same, grow and make red wine in the desert).

kgo_057.gif

4546d1338999232-greetings-michigan-kgo_057.gif

welcome aboard axiom.....from another fellow michigander....wooho....more representation...lol....we're getting there...lol...just all spread out....

Latest posts

Back