Exploding beer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larryh86GT

Reaction score
A friend of mine brews beer and I make wine so we donate some of our product to each other. He was over Friday night and gave me a 6 pack of his recently bottled raspberry beer. I had a bottle that night and it was very good. But my beer fridge was full so I left the six pack on the floor in our mudroom. This is what it did by itself. When I went into the mudroom this morning and saw it I thought Itsuko had found the bottle leaking and put it in her sneaker. (Yeah I know, why would she do that but at first glance you would not think the beer did this to itself) so I called her and asked why she didn't tell me the beer bottle was leaking. She said "huh?, I don't know nothing about it". So now my mudroom smells like raspberry beer. Hey that's actually pretty cool. Now that I think about it the mudroom has never smelled better.:sm

Exploding raspberry beer P1.jpg

Exploding rasberry beer P2.jpg

I would not stand over it and take too many pics.

Last edited:
Hopefully just 1 bottle received too much sugar due to not stirring well during adding and bottling or the rest will be bottle bombs also!

make room in the fridge, ASAP and you might be ok.
with the 1 you drank and the one 'sploshun, the 3 remaining bottles shouldn't be hard to accommodate.
especially if'n you're thirsty. :)

Latest posts

Back