My $10 bottle filler

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not at all, the video was great.

I looked like you were using water in the video. Does wine present any foaming problem?

My next bottling is about 2 months out ... yes it was water. Good question, I would say no, vacuum fillers are out there.

Looks like it works great. I want something to replace my Buon Vino. I have the vacuum pump just need to figure out all the pieces here!

Looks like it works great. I want something to replace my Buon Vino. I have the vacuum pump just need to figure out all the pieces here!

1) vacuvin - tore apart and drilled out
1) roll ice maker tubing - from HD
1) 1/4 inch oak dowel
1) 1x2x6 oak
1) 1x6x6 oak
1) hose clamp
hot glue gun
wood glue

some basic tools and about 2 hours

in the video it took about 30 sec. to fill ... I had my pump turned all the way down, the weakest vacuum possible. When I cranked it up the flow was about double but the amount suck into the vacuum tube at the end was a lot more.

I think your video is great, just need some dimensions on the lumber

The base and the handle are 22" long

measure5.jpg

The side rails are 14" tall

measure4.jpg

The center brace is 11 1/2" tall

measure3.jpg

The little 45's are 5" long

measure2.jpg

Before hot gluing the ice maker tubing put a little olive oil on the tube and the glue will make a good seal but you can still adjust the height.

measure1.jpg

and of course it's a no-brainer ... seal the wood before using it with wine.

That's it.

nice work !
Does it work with all bottle heights ? If not maybe put a adjustable piviot pin for doing 375 ml bottles or for the taller reisiling bottles.

I just love the mechanics of wine making !!

steve

nice work !
Does it work with all bottle heights ? If not maybe put a adjustable piviot pin for doing 375 ml bottles or for the taller reisiling bottles.

I just love the mechanics of wine making !!

steve

Great point Steve, no it's fixed height but I don't ever see myself bottling anything but 750's

I just bottled 90 bottles ... love this bottle filler. Works great for a one man operation. I have the vacuum set very low and it takes a little over one minute to fill a bottle. Just enough time to cork the bottle. There is no splashing in the bottle at all and every bottle is filled exactly 1/2" under the cork.

[ame]http://youtu.be/XxgQzmNmhq0[/ame]

Latest posts

Back