Blackberry juice concentrate from homewinery.com

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow mine came today do these have to be refrigerated and no directions do I use there directions from
Online?

I just read them they don't have you add k-meta ever all the way up to bottling. Kinda weird directions for sure

I just mixed up my Blackberry concentrate from Homewinery.com.

The online instructions say to add the acid after fermenting. All the recipes I usually have seen add this at the beginning. Does it really matter?

The online instructions also say fermentation takes 4 to 8 weeks. What is everyone else's experience with it?

Ak, I ferment to dry, rack off and add the acid. My brother insists on follow inn their directions to the letter. We can find no real difference. The instructions are written to be idiot proof.

Question?

How much did you make ,3 gal?4gal?or 5gal batch? And what was the specific gravity once you added the water? I started a batch of pineapple and not happy with the beginning start added simple syrup to boost the abv, before fermentation, this is an experiment for me would like to stay in touch and see what your outcome is.:HB

Joe, these are 5 gallon batches and sg should be around 1.080 - 1.090

has anyone had success with their cab or merlot (normal grape wine) type kits? i think i may order 1-2 next month! at least the raspberry and blackberry :)

I have used their Cal. Red and White juices. While I messed the whole thing up (tried to do a blush by mixing the 2) and it took a long time to age, it has become a wonderful bold red. Matter of fact I just ordered another 10 jugs from them. :D

Started two five gallons of blackberry tonight. The directions made no mention of yeast nutrient .should I use them. The yeast that came with it is 71b-1122

Personally I would... its like coffee before work... sure, you'll get the work done... but with coffee... everything is just better

blackberrys have little if any nutrients for the yeast..
i would add nutrient and energizer.
energizer 1/2 tsp per gallon
yeast nutrient 1 tsp per gallon
and I would throw a sliced banana, peels and all in it as well.
add 1/2 of nutrient before you add your yeast, then about 4 days later i would add the other 1/2.

Getting ready to start a 5 gallon batch of strawberry from Homewinery concentrate, should I all yeast nutrient and energizer??

i have never made a concentrate, but if its not in it all ready, I would.
what else does the yeast have to eat besides sugar..it needs more.

Back