Other peoples wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couple of days ago I drank Dan (Runningwolf) skeeter pee. Boy for your first time at it you did good. Very nice. Tonight my daughter in law and I drank the Isabella that Runningwolf gave me. Now I have a dilemma, I don't know what one I like the best of your wines :?. The Isabella was real nice, not too sweet and a very smooth finish.

I had some of that Isabella a few weeks ago and my wife and I loved it to. I just finished a bottle of Grapemans St. Pepin and man that went down really nice too. It had a lot of grapefruit taste to me but not strong like the fruit. :b

By the way I have on order through Walkers Fruit basket for their Riesling which they are holding a bucket of and the Rhubarb which is currently out of stock but shold be back in stock soon so they are holding a bucket of the Riesling for me until the Rhubarb comes in.

By the way I have on order through Walkers Fruit basket for their Riesling which they are holding a bucket of and the Rhubarb which is currently out of stock but shold be back in stock soon so they are holding a bucket of the Riesling for me until the Rhubarb comes in.

Yahooo:tz:db I wish you lived closer so you could just pick them up in bulk (primary) and a few gallons of strawberry to possibly blend later. I think when they open back up in September I will get some of the reisling also. I have carboys just waiting for them.

Strawberry Rhubarb would be nice but Im tapped. Actually I dont even have all the money right now anyway so it works out. If I had more money Id get the Isabella also.

Hey Julie!
wifey and I were visiting offspring in D.C. area and wanted you to know that our daughter loved your skeeter pee as much as we do. Much more than anything she bought at 3 different wineries we visited while there. :try
She actually asked where to buy it, cuz it is was so good.

Last edited:
wolf's mystic sky a hit in hot weather!

90dg today with a dewpoint around 72. need I say more?
pulled a bottle of Dan's mystic sky out of the frig. and man is it hittin the spot!

Actually, I think that was my best skeeter pee so far. And I had that mystic sky and you are right it does rock.

Ok tonight we went to a friends for dinner and I took only wine made by other people than myself. Julie, your Riesling was excellent and very smooth! Steve(winethief) your white merlot, well I gotta get me some of that going. It was wonderful and its on my list. Doug (ffemt) the Apple Spice was even better then Heritage Wine Cellars. I know you were trying to match it but you passes it up. It was very clear. The two guys that had your Chianti drank the bottle rather quickly. It was a big hit to them and then back to the beer. Everything else was to sweet for them but your Chianti they said was very good. Dan B. your wine is still aging as you told me to do. Rod, I'll let you know when I get into yours as I am not sharing it with a crowd. All in All all the wine was excellent and I did try the Chianti, but I am not a dry wine drinker.

Chianti is one of my favorites. I'm a dry fan. I really don't have anything to report on yet as I'm letting everyone's wine age for a while. I'm trying to be good but that Apple Pie Wine is calling my name. I can wait at least until Christmas though. I'll be good.

Hey Steve, consider entering Crawford county Fair Wine Competition. Its the biggest Ag fair in PA. Check out their web site. $.50 a bottle and four bottle max. (4 for you and 4 for your wife). All entries must be turned in July 31 between 10-2pm. They give out medals also.

I have stated before I had no interest in making cherry wine. Just couldn't get past the cough syrup or Nyquil taste. I was at a friends the other day and told him the same thing. Well he gave me a taste of his and it was just ok to me. I took the rest of the bottle home and stuck it in the fridge. Well I decided to give it another taste and wow it was so much better cold.

Cherry juice will be available around here in about two weeks at $6.00 a gallon. Looks like I'll be filling one of my carboys with some cherry and seriously thinking about adding chocolate to it in the secondary.

Tonight we had friends over for burgers. I was waiting for this evening to break out Rodo's wine. We had his apple made from cider and also his Niagara/Concord. They were both fantastic during dinner and afterwards sitting on the patio by the fire pit afterwards. Thanks Rod!:dg

Latest posts

Back