What's new in your cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dayumm........
I would have snagged both of those as well. #2 on WS Top 100 wines for 2013. Good score for sure!
You want to give me the name of that wine shop? LOL

Wow, higher rating than WA, go figure! I’d be happy to share, but they don’t ship...... Great place for sure though. When I get on the hunt for something and find the best price out there for it, they’re usually a few % below my best, no shipping costs and no waiting.
A20FEC14-AF03-4D6E-8527-0BECFBC25B42.png

Nice! I want to turn 40 in August as well but I still want to retire in 2018.....

You might be a cradle robber! LOL

Wahahahahaha. Aw man. Appreciate you saying what I was thinking! Not that it would be an insult- quite the opposite if you ask me.
And Mr Glowin, aren’t you also a member of this club? I hope when I grow up they’re running that sale to trade in for a younger model.

Costco run yesterday. Stumbled on the WS #17 of Top 100 wines for 2017! 2015 Volver Alicante Tarima Hill Old Vines Monastrell (Mourvedre) from Spain. MSRP is only $17 but Costco price was $12.99. Scored 92pts. Snagged a couple bottles for the cellar at that price.

tumblr_o0ae6nRabF1uqyygto1_1280.jpg

Costco run yesterday. Stumbled on the WS #17 of Top 100 wines for 2017! 2015 Volver Alicante Tarima Hill Old Vines Monastrell (Mourvedre) from Spain. MSRP is only $17 but Costco price was $12.99. Scored 92pts. Snagged a couple bottles for the cellar at that price.

That’s a good snag, Spain has some super deals when you can get the wines in the states. We’ve really enjoyed some of the Tempranillo wines we’ve gotten.

Not wine, but a new addition to my cellar, for barrel tastings. Kinda hard to see the size, but it’s 2 feet long and hold 200 ml of wine. Ordered it from a company that primarily makes custom laboratory glassware and vessels.
View attachment 49745

Love this! I noticed this thief in a couple different wine documentaries I’ve seen. With workers dipping into the barrels using this exact thief. It’s pretty badass. Great purchase.

Love this! I noticed this thief in a couple different wine documentaries I’ve seen. With workers dipping into the barrels using this exact thief. It’s pretty badass. Great purchase.

Thanks, it is pretty cool, I too have seen them in lots of wineries but just couldn't seem to find where they were getting them from. Got serious about it one night and was browsing images of wine thieves inside of a google search and finally struck paydirt. It's a nice heavy glass thief, I hope I never drop it.............

. Got serious about it one night and was browsing images of wine thieves inside of a google search and finally struck paydirt. It's a nice heavy glass thief, I hope I never drop it.............
Take good care of it. Definitely something that adds to the wine room’s vibe.
By the way in my last post I had to rearrange the wording because writing “wine THIEVES” didn’t sound right. “Wine THIEFS” sounds better to me— but then I’d be typing ‘theifs’ instead of ‘thieves’ and couldn’t bring myself to do it.

By the way in my last post I had to rearrange the wording because writing “wine THIEVES” didn’t sound right. “Wine THIEFS” sounds better to me— but then I’d be typing ‘theifs’ instead of ‘thieves’ and couldn’t bring myself to do it.

Yeah, Google doesn't like wine thieves either, you get some stuff that has nothing to do with glass sampling vessels.........

Yup, I thoroughly understand!

Okay, what do you call this? I saw one Nissan Leaf, parked next to another Nissan Leaf. Would you say that "there were two Nissan Leaves"? Or would you say "there were two Nissan Leafs"? If, like me, the latter sounds more natural, ask yourself if you would ever say "I saw two leafs fall off that oak tree."

View attachment 48970

I saw that this afternoon and no never heard of them before today. They appear to be a winery struggling to keep the doors open. Last time WS reviewed one of their wines was 2011. Not bad reviews once upon a time. The wine may be worth what you are paying for it. It may not. I am not biting on this one.

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 5.21.58 PM.png

Couple of nice Costco finds today! First was a very unexpected #40 of last years WS Top 100 wines. The 2016 Matua NZ Sauvignon Blanc. Set me back a whole $7.99 a bottle and again why in the world would I want to make another Eclipse NZ Sauv Blanc when you can buy something like this for almost the same price. Mine was good, this will be amazing so why, why, why.......

original.png

Couple of nice Costco finds today! First was a very unexpected #40 of last years WS Top 100 wines. The 2016 Matua NZ Sauvignon Blanc. Set me back a whole $7.99 a bottle and again why in the world would I want to make another Eclipse NZ Sauv Blanc when you can buy something like this for almost the same price. Mine was good, this will be amazing so why, why, why.......

original.png

Tasting notes?

I gotta go to Costco to see if they have it.

Latest posts

Back