method to kill trees

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good discussion guys. This has given me some ideas on how to handle "my problem"! I will look for copper nails, as much carpentry and building I've been around, I have never seen them. I will start my quest into the elusive copper nail!:db. Thanks again for all the ideas.

They are also used to attach copper flashing for pressure treated decks with the new copper based preservative treatments. If regular nails are used it causes a reaction and the flashing will be eaten up sooner.

You can find cooper ground rods at electrical supply house, thatcyou can cut into spikes. Or depending whete youbare a boat supply place.

A hoe and a little roundup will save you money. Chop the growth down, spray returning sprouts with roundup and repeat a few times. I've sprayed roundup (on a windless day of course) around the base of one foot tall newly planted vinifera with no negative results. It has to enter through green leaves to affect the roots.

Cut it down. Get a qt of 24D. Drill several 1/2 holes pour straight in the holes. This works on mulberry, and locust....

Well, you could have some fun and shoot the stump full of copper solid slugs. LOL

Seriously - couldn't you drill holes and insert copper rods? If you are going the copper route?
iur

And btw - where is this mulberry tree? I've been trying to find one so I can make Mulberry Wine! Every one seems to have been cut down in my area.

Goggle muratic. Acid liquid it will kill trees pour at base of tree be careful and wear proper protective gloves eyewear.clothes.

I have a problem that just gets worse every year. There is a mulberry tree just on the other side of my property line that the landowner said it is fine with him to take out. The problem is, I don't want to kill my grapes useing toradon to kill the tree. I killed some brush in the area close to there, and killed my elderberry bushes in the process. Can't have that with my grapes! Anyone have some ideas that may work? Thank you.

Goggle muratic. Acid liquid it will kill trees pour at base of tree be careful and wear proper protective gloves eyewear.clothes.
Also I had a landscaper applied by rubber glove on weeds kill them
instantly ! I’m not sure I would try that though!!!

I have eliminated a couple of mulberry trees by cutting them off near the ground and then, using an old pruning shear I cut the new sprouts off every few weeks. It takes two full seasons for the root system to die, but it will die and there will be no poisons.

umm, why not just make some mulberry wine or pie or jam and leave the tree alone - surely it can't be reducing your grape yield by THAT much

Update on the tree. Whacked it down, been spraying the growth with round up. Seems to be working, will just have to keep on it. That tree was shading three rows of frontenac and had to go. It is firewood for the stove now. I have two big mulberries that raise lots of fruit. The trouble is, the birds crap seeds everywhere, so I have little mulberry trees growing everywhere. They are more trouble than they are worth!

The trouble is, the birds crap seeds everywhere, so I have little mulberry trees growing everywhere. They are more trouble than they are worth!

Yes. Mulberry trees are great, until they aren't. Fruit from black Mulberry makes a great wine. Fruit from white makes great dried fruit and the leaves a wonderful tea. But they just grow everywhere if left to their own devices. Then you need dynamite to get rid of them. :(

I got my handle from my hobby of trapping beaver. Trees are no more than woody weeds. Yes, I can cut the tree down, I can girdle it, but that won't kill a mulberry! I'm looking for a way to treat it after it is cut, that won't transfer to my grapes. It is close enough that it has roots intermingled with my grape roots. Toradon works wonders, but will transfer to my grapes through the roots. I've tried salt on some small ones, and they sprouted right back!:ft

Trees may be nothing more than woody weeds to you, but without trees none of us would be here because the air would not be fit ti breathe and would not support life.

Give me a break! I can tell you don't understand nature very well. Grasslands and the corn crop in the breadbasket of this great nation produce more oxygen than the trees do, but I'm sure you would never believe me! Do some research, it may surprise you. Trees on the prairie are a woody weed!

Give me a break! I can tell you don't understand nature very well. Grasslands and the corn crop in the breadbasket of this great nation produce more oxygen than the trees do, but I'm sure you would never believe me! Do some research, it may surprise you. Trees on the prairie are a woody weed!

Here are just two of the many, many articles on human life dependency on trees.

https://www.nature.com/scitable/blog/our-science/no_trees_no_humans

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-would-happen-were-trees-earth-by-ashraful-muku-ashraful-muku

And here's a blurb telling us that grass is a poor producer of oxygen:

"According to Anthony Brach, the actual weighed amount of oxygen that grass produces does not matter as much as the net amount of oxygen produced in its life cycle. Grass does not produce much net oxygen because of the type of carbon it produces. When grass dies, its carbon products—sugars and starches—use up oxygen and release carbon dioxide when it decays. If an animal eats the grass, oxygen is used by the cow's digestive process to turn the grass into energy. Thus, grass is a poor producer of oxygen."

I suggest you grab a towel and dry off. You're all wet!

Latest posts

Back