Hoosier beginner

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayEssAre

Junior
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been making country wines for about a year now and aside from a few misses (let us never discuss the Rhubarb Incident) it's been mostly successful. I've been doing research on some things and joined the forum because it comes up so regularly in my searches. I have a question about an ingredient, but I'm going to sift through the threads before I ask it in case it shows up somewhere else. Looking forward to this!

Oh come on tell the rhubarb Storey.
Im stocking up for a batch.
What went wrong.
And your ingredient what ever you findabout it, someone or more here will have something to add.
And oh yea. Welcome.

I think telling us your Rhubarb story should be a condition of membership! :ft

Welcome to the forum!

I've got no horror story on my country wines yet, but my blackberry port better turn around in a year! Welcome to the forum, and don't be afraid to just ask. They haven't slapped me around for doing that yet!

Thanks for the hospitality!

As far as the rhubarb incident goes, it was one of my earliest attempts, and I foolish in thinking that if I didn't see vigorous bubbling that it meant it was done fermenting. So, it got bottled after two weeks in the carboy and put in the pantry. Suffice it to say, it scared the hell out of my wife and our cats when they exploded the next day and stained our entire pantry a bright pink. It looked, as my wife put it, "like Tinkerbell got axe-murdered."

As far as my question, I'm trying a 3 gallon batch of a parsnip wine that turned out rather nicely in a 1 gallon test batch. The recipe calls for white grape juice concentrate and I used Welch's frozen last time, but now I can't find it anywhere. I had read somewhere about making your own by boiling down bottled juice and there's a Trader Joe's organic that doesn't list any sorbates on the ingredient list, but I wasn't 100% certain it would work and was hoping for guidance/suggestions.

That wasnt so hard. I dont know why but your storey makes me smile. .
I was lucky and put my bombs in the "cellar" got all but two bottles in time to re carboy.
As far as I can tell they are a right of passage.
So how was the tinker bell blood before the " incident"
Cant help on the juice but someone will

We all have "those" stories and sometimes they put the spice in life at least a few years after they happen:db:::h:::db

Welcome from a newbie to another

Latest posts

Back