RJ Spagnols White Chocolate White Port Filtering Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcb54

Reaction score
The White Chocolate White Port says that it is mandatory that it be filtered before bottling due to the addition of the F-pack and to prevent re-fermentation. I have never felt the need to filter any of my wines, but this does say it is mandatory.

Has anyone bottled this White Chocolate White Port without filtering and to what result?

Thanks for your response(s)...

They have changed that to say Mandatory now huh? Okay, You do not have to and I dont really see how doing so with most filter systems would really do much unless you have a .25 filter for an Enolmatic! It may help some but it isnt going to remove all the yeast and or the residual sugar. I did nit filter any of my ports and dont have any bottlebombs from not doing so and most are 1 1/2 years old and the Chocolate Raspberry port which I even bottled to early due to not being patient enough and 1 more reason I wont speak of right now dropped more sediment in the bottles then I care for so Im sure there was quite a bit of everything left and bottled.
This is a clause and they are just trying to help make sure that every precaution is taken with these kits due to the chance that can happen with any wine that is sweetened.

Latest posts

Back