Fruit juice f-pac

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arne

Reaction score
Went to the freezer yesterday. Had cooked down cherry juice and another batch of cooked down strawberry juice in the freezer. They have been in there for a couple of weeks. There was still liquid in them. They were in gal. milk jugs. Part was froze, but there was a small amount of liquid. Anybody have a idea why? My only thought was maybe they were fermented and had some alcohol in them. The strawberry juice came out of a grocery store 30 lb bucket, used the berries to make the wine and saved the juice for f-pac. The cherries juice came from when we destoned all the pie cherrys and froze them for pies. The juice ran from the pitter and I decided it would make great f-pac. It was cooked down then froze. Thanks for any help, Arne.

Could be that there was soo much sugar. If they were syrupy they won't completly freeze, thay just get really thick. Maple syrup in the freezer does the same thing. They will still keep and be fine!

Was not concerned about the juice being bad since 2 kinds had liquid in them. Bet you are right on with the sugars, was just looking for a reason for the liquid. Thanks, Arne.

Closet is right, it is thye sugar that prevents the juice from freezing.

Why make an f-pack ????

Use enough fruit initially and you will never have to make an f-pack.

I never make f-packs. But then again I almost never water down my juices.........
Use pure fruit, do the right adjustments and there is no need for an f-pack.

Luc

Luk,
I believe I agree with you on the flavor pac. Glad I have this tho as there was a small mistake on the last batch of strawberry. The juice should bring the flavor back up, will be adding shortly. Am not going to tell how this happened, but actually was a big mistake instead of a small one. lol

Back