Winemaking Calculators / Journal

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Reaction score
I want to build a resource of winemaking calculators.

What calculators do you use in winemaking?

Easy use calculators

I'm a winemaker by trade. Own a winery. Use this calculator every damn day very accurate. It's an app for smart phones. I don't know if its made for anything else but it is found in the apple store. It's called iwinemaker by VinoEnology.com Cheers!

I've mainly been using a mobile app called Oenotools, in conjunction with an online molecular SO2 calculator for the past two harvests.

http://www.oenobrands.com/en/home/p...ree-copy-of-oenotools--the-app-for-winemakers

Oenotools has turned out to be very accurate in terms of real world results, even though the app reloads everytime you switch to another app... So having your measurement data on the same device can be cumbersome if you don't have the best memory hehe.

So WineCalc and FermCalc seem like great calculators ....

What are you all using for journal of batches? Like to keep track of process, notes, dates, etc.

Do you all use paper or Excel or some online platform that?

I use a composition notebook with sticky tabs. One of these days I'll digitize it.

I ask all this because I own BrewersFriend.com and I think creating a very similar tool that acts as both a calculator and journal would be of value to wine makers.

I would assume there is a commercial tool for this? Any winery owners here use a commercial online tool that does calculators and journal wine batches?

A standard composition notebook which I'll get 4 batches out of. One in the front. One starting in the back. And 2 starting in the middle going each direction.
And every so often I'll transfer notes to this App called "EverNote". It's pretty great. Can Store pics within the notes. And even converts pictures of my written notes to the app. And keeps everything very organized. Amazing for quickly referencing past info. And auto syncs to my ipad as well. It's free but I paid a few bucks for more storage because of the pictures which I really don't 'need' to have there.
@Bodenski recommended this on a thread a few months back. A+

For kits I really dig EverNote. In a similar way it converts hand written notes, it can take a snapshot of the instructions and makes it neat and tidy and easy to read in one simple picture. Too much quality loss uploading to post an example though

ImageUploadedByWine Making1494971567.694901.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting.

Can you share your Evernote entry for a batch?

It would be difficult to post an entire batch worth of notes. But I just screenshot a bunch of random pages so you see the deal. Some are from phone. Some ipad. Upright and also horizontal. The left side is all the notes in chronological order, the newest at the top. The right side scrolls independently from the left on whatever specific note I'm clicked on.
No be nice. This is basically my diary here!

IMG_5564.jpg

IMG_5563.jpg

IMG_5562.jpg

IMG_5561.jpg

IMG_5558.jpg

IMG_5557.jpg

IMG_5556.jpg

IMG_5555.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting pages from Evernote ajmassa.

I use a notebook for notes and a log and Excel to log every action and addition. Evernote might be a neat way to collect tasting notes. I put them in the Excel log now as I do them, but it is cludgy.

Latest posts

Back