What's new in your cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I snagged mine way back in December 16' but my source will only ship a full case so I was waiting to fill up a few more bottles of this and that. By the time I got my order and my friend tasted it a week or so ago I tried to reorder based on his recommendation....... All SOLD OUT!

I snagged mine way back in December 16' but my source will only ship a full case so I was waiting to fill up a few more bottles of this and that. By the time I got my order and my friend tasted it a week or so ago I tried to reorder based on his recommendation....... All SOLD OUT!

Guess I'd best get the case if I like it.........

Every once in a while I am able to pick the winning horse a year in advance! :db

Reynvaan list member for ~4 years now. They are a futures list so you pick what you want up front, pay for it upfront and then wait a year to get your bottles. I got a 3 pack of this back in the Fall of '16. Today they just went up 2X in value!

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 2.54.32 PM.png

How in the world did you find that? They are not listed on the PDF nor do they come up on Wine Searcher!

I will probably make do with my 3 bottles especially since they are asking way over MSRP on that one! :sh

You know the old saying, "Where there's a will, there's a way"! My local guy discovered today that he can only get GSM, so I just did a little research, Google, and came across it, but for the 2012. Placed an online order and the guy called to apologize that his site wasn't up to date, he only had the '13, and could he substitute it. I obliged.

You wonder how can RP and WS be so far apart on a wine? :d

Ok - not really showing off the cellar, but got some ideas for wines to go in it, and some of the wineries you visited John!

Got lucky and got an invite from a friend to go to the spring fine wine and spirits show. Really helped me to refine what I like (still more old world). Got to try this one below from Hall. I guess I am way off from Parker or it lost its aromatics from when it left the barrel, I didn't notice much nose - nice finish though. Of course I tried probably 50-80 wines before I got to this one. :dg

My favorite Cab from the show was:

J Davies Cab 2013 - from Diamond Mtn district (like your Hall from the above post)
Close 2nd Spottswoode 2014

I also really liked the Duckhorn Canvasback Red Mountain Cab. Even with my crappy palette I think I could tell this was from Red Mountain, or at least Washington.

May get some J Davies for the cellar.

hall_kathryn_hall_cabernet-nv.png

Since Hall is one of my wine clubs I belong to, I have a collection of the Kathryn Halls in my basement. I have not had the gumption to actually open one yet. I find that the Hall Cabs are some of my favorite wines.

Since Hall is one of my wine clubs I belong to, I have a collection of the Kathryn Halls in my basement. I have not had the gumption to actually open one yet. I find that the Hall Cabs are some of my favorite wines.

Same here, although I have opened some of the older vintages. I find that they really need a substantial amount of cellering before they open up.

Well all Bordeaux and Cabernet Sauvignons make for a boring cellar so time to mix it up a bit with some Oregon Pinot Noir from the fine folks at Figgins. Chris Figgins is the son of [URL="http://leonetticellar.com/our-history"]Gary Figgins[/URL] who is one of the pioneers in WA State wine industry. Chris grew up in and around the vineyard and winery's back in the late 70's early 80's so its in his blood for sure. Chris is now the head winemaker for Leonetti as well as his own Winery "Figgins". He was also the winemaker for Doubleback (Drew Bledsoe's winery) for a number of years.

Toil was the first endeavor into Oregon Pinot Noir. I had the pleasure of tasting their first wines at the winery back in 2012. This was a private tasting we booked as a list member. Even Mrs IB was swooning over that wine (which she rarely does). Well that wine ended up not being released and they sold it off in bulk as Chris just thought he could do better. Pretty small production still but it is coming up as more and more acres are being planted. This is the first year for a Rose'. 100% Rose of Pinot Noir and only ~150 cases produced IIRC.

Last years 2014 vintage earned a very nice 94pts WS

Looked into and am able to get some Rose from them. But with shipping, 3 bottles comes to $30 a pop! For a Rose! Is it really that good?

LOL First year for the Rose' so I probably would not if I was you. Lots of fantastic Rose' out there for $15 (or less) a bottle. I debated as the Rose' is optional purchase on the Toil Pinot Noir list. I flipped back and forth and decided why not I already had the Pinot Noir coming.

Looked into and am able to get some Rose from them. But with shipping, 3 bottles comes to $30 a pop! For a Rose! Is it really that good?

LOL First year for the Rose' so I probably would not if I was you. Lots of fantastic Rose' out there for $15 (or less) a bottle. I debated as the Rose' is optional purchase on the Toil Pinot Noir list. I flipped back and forth and decided why not I already had the Pinot Noir coming.

I figured. Was looking at Mr. Pink, but it appears they can't/won't ship to VA.

I am trying to find some of the 2016 K Vintners VINO Rose' of Sangiovese. Same people as Charles & Charles who make a Rose' of Syrah that is pretty good but starting to think the Sangio makes a better Rose' than Syrah.

Spring allocation from Aonair, we've been in Grant's wine club for quite a few years and really love his wine. Small winery with small production, just a few employees, very friendly and comfortable place to visit and hang out. The wine is big and bold, typically fruity as is the tendency in the valley, but the tannins, even when young, always seem very silky and fine, fairly high on my list.

IMG_0828.jpg

I am trying to find some of the 2016 K Vintners VINO Rose' of Sangiovese. Same people as Charles & Charles who make a Rose' of Syrah that is pretty good but starting to think the Sangio makes a better Rose' than Syrah.

Looks like there's a bunch of places you can order it online, or are you trying to find it in a local merchant shop??

Seeing it at wine.com as well as the winery. Hoping I might find it local as I can source the Charles & Charles Rose' local. Getting too hot to ship an expensive wine for sure. Seeing promising reviews on this wine so may try and snag a few soon.

Looks like there's a bunch of places you can order it online, or are you trying to find it in a local merchant shop??

Latest posts

Back