Post your crush/press day photos

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pressed the Zin yesterday. Then got the Cab and Petite Sirah into the fermenters.
Hey, I've seen that guy before in the image somewhere....wonder where?

Your Dad seem like a good egg, even though he is a Riots & Sox fan! He really seems to be enjoying the wine making adventure. Great thing that you get to share that with him.

My nebbilo is pressed last Sunday, it almost looks like a Rose:
29647249730_5ef8d312b5_c.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/99052380@N06/albums/72157670758317944

WOW, never made that varietal but it certainly looks like a Rosé :sh

How much contact did you leave it with the skins?

I bought a MM Vinifera Noble Barolo kit a couple years ago that looked like that. I fermented it dry and it was quite tasty but nothing close to what I ordered. Received a partial credit though from the vendor so I was happy.

WOW, never made that varietal but it certainly looks like a Rosé :sh

How much contact did you leave it with the skins?

7 days. The grapes have the color of red eating grapes and the must looks pale too:

29451976890_7d90a9c708_c.jpg

29743342205_950e1482e5_c.jpg

@JohnT: Where've you been? Wasn't your crush this past weekend? Awaiting the tales and the pics.

A friend of mine is using my equipment to make a 30gal batch; I'll be babysitting it until bottling. He brought 13 lugs total, 9 Sangiovese, 2 Cab, and 2 Zin, all from Amador. I told him including Zin in the blend was a bit unusual, but it's his wine. Crushed and destemmed and added 35ppm sulfite on Saturday, all blended, the Brix was 27 and pH 3.81. Added nearly 3gal water to drop the brix to 25, and added tartaric acid to drop the pH to 3.55. Lallzyme EXV and Opti-Red added Sunday morning, and a 1.5gal starter of DV10 as well as some untoasted oak was added Sunday evening. Added first dose of nutrients as fermentation was active Monday morning. The enzymes seem to have pulled the color out of the skins very quickly.

Crusher 3.jpg

Vat 3.jpg

Vat day 2.jpg

Yes 13 lugs and a few gallons of water pushes the limit on this vat. I turned the cooling on and pulled a couple of pails out just now to prepare for the frenzy that will occur by tomorrow morning.

Here are the first picture of crush. This was taken by my niece (she has such a good eye) and sums it all up with the side of a lug, a bunch of petit sarah grapes, and a glass of my cousin's home brew.

I had several folks taking pictures. As they are sent to me, I will post them here...

IMG_6813.jpg

Latest posts

Back