Behind the scenes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added a f-pac to my blackberry wine the other day. Used 3qt steamed juice, reduced by 1/2

cleanning up

TOM ,I might need your help in getting this video on line will see you at the meeting this sunday,IS THERE ANY SUBJECT?:try

helping a friend

KITO:tz

well today my friend kito came over and bottled his sharaz kit which he back sweeten to know end because his wife likes sweet wine ,did somethings to it after a month it was better but we all know once the sugars in its hard to balance out,but he though that i changed it enought ,even though his wife will still like it (he'll never do that again,quote),however on a better note his viognier I was making was very good for a young wine,him and his son racked the viognier and bottled the sharaz one down one to go for him,,MS.t will tackle her peach ice wine transfer and pinot gris,filter and set process next week,and the beat goes on:db

KITO:tz

well today my friend kito came over and bottled his sharaz kit which he back sweeten to know end because his wife likes sweet wine ,did somethings to it after a month it was better but we all know once the sugars in its hard to balance out,but he though that i changed it enought ,even though his wife will still like it (he'll never do that again,quote),however on a better note his viognier I was making was very good for a young wine,him and his son racked the viognier and bottled the sharaz one down one to go for him,,MS.t will tackle her peach ice wine transfer and pinot gris,filter and set process next week,and the beat goes on:db

Ms T coming to the meeting?

cleaning up

NO SLEAVINGS:dg

I don't know about you but I don't always put the plastic sleeving on the bottle when I should,so tonight I started to do just that and make sure all the corks were solid,and that there was no bacteria on them,did you check yours?:gn

cleaning up

ICE WINE COMETH:db

last night ms.t arrived and racked her Chilean voignier after mlf. was completed,then she introduced a peach fpac to her peach wine kit( ice wine) she stated she thought it would be much sweeter,still has to set for a short while ,has anyone made this ? what should she expect?:a1

BOTTLED AND LABELED MY MOHOTO,NOW THE WIFE CAN HAVE A FEAST= with HER EQUESTRIAN BUDDY'S -GOT a 30 BOTTLE YEILD..NOT BAD

Last edited:
cleaning up

NO ONE HOME:ts

TEPE SHE ISN'T READY TO COME TO MEETING ,STILL HAS HER X ON HER MIND,AND BETWEEN THE FARM AND WORK AND HER FATHER,IT JUST KEEPS GOING,NO WHAT I MEAN,I DON'T THINK SHE'LL BE AT ANY MEETING AGAIN,:pic

be careful what you ask for

knock ,knock,who's their?:d

got a phone call from a wine making friend of mine,it started like this,HELLO Mr. JOE,I know that was my good friend and wine buddy bob mat.,this is the guy who tries to make wine out of anything feremematable,He states I have what you been asking for (me ?) a case of plums for south america (costa rica ),Oh well I have been talking about it for months now and low and behold 35#s at my door,with no time to do this ,upon opening the case of plums the view was beautiful ,about the size of a small hardball and ready to go.....will continue:try later...:b

And then there was one more

AND THEN THERE WAS ONE MORE:i

YOU NEVER OUT GROW YOUR NEED TO MAKE WINE AT GINO PINTOS THE CALS . HAVEN'T COME IN YET SO,I HAVE THE PLUM GOING BUT THAT WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH,ENTER THE MIST KIT,A RASSBERRY CAB/AND AND COSMO LOUNGE KIT...YES COSMOPOLITIAN WINE KIT HOW KICKY IS THAT ,I ENJOY THE OFF THE WALL KITS AND SAD TO SAY MY WIFE AND HER LADYFRIENDS ENJOY THEM ALSO,VERY ALSO,,

THE RASS/CAB I HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THAT IN STOCK ALREADY,A RASS/SHARAZ AND A BLACKBERRY PINO NOIR..BOTH OUT OF FRESH FRUIT WINES AND CHILEAN FRESH JUICE BOTH CAME OUT OUTSTANDING AND ARE MY BEST .....WHEN YOU GET TO BLEND THE COMBINATION OF BOTH ACTIVE WINES THE COMBO'S ARE SUPERB,REALLY,THATS WHY I ALWAYS SAY (THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX) AND THIS CRAFT WILL CONTINUE TO BR FUN...:gn

3 to go

3 MORE TO THE TASK:hug

WELL THE PLUM AND THE LOUNGE COSMO AND THE CAB/ORANGE WENT INTO SECONDARY IN GLASS TODAY,AND SO FAR SO GO,THE PLUM IS STILL THICK (LIKE A SLUSH) WHAT i DID TO THAT WAS PLACE ALL THE CHEMS AND CLEARING AGENTS INTO IT AND LET THEM SET ,AN SETTLE OUT FOR 7 DAYS AT LEAST AT THAT POINT THE LOUNGE WINE SHOULD BE READY FOR FINAL RACKING AND FPAC AND SO SHOULD THE CAB/ORANGE COMBO,AT LEAST THATS THE PLAN..THE PLUM WILL SIT A LITTLE LONGER TO LET ALL THE PLUM DRIFT DOWN AND SETTLEOUT..THEN WE'LL WORK ON THAT....:pic THERS NO REST FOR THE WERRY:slp

cosmo wine revisited

WOW:try

AT LEAST THATS HOW MY WIFE PUT IT ,HER REACTION TO THE COSMO WINE KIT WAS JUST THAT,SHE LOVED IT AND I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW QUICKLY IT CAME TOGETHER ,AROUND 9/9 I STARTED THE THREE WINES AND THE COSMO IS RACKED FINED AND BOTTLED .THE COLOR IS A BRILLIANT GARNET AND CLEAR AS A BELL THE TASTE ACCORDING TO HER IS OUTSTANDING AND TASTE AS WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT,A COSOMOPOLITAIN....GREAT KIT FOR THOSE WHO ARE ADVENTUROUS IN THE WINE MAKING CRAFT AND SHOWS JUST HOW FAR THEY HAVE COME TO THE CREATIVE CENTER OF THE SUBJECT..THATS WHY I STATED BEFORE WE IN THIS CRAFT NO MATTER HOW LONG WE'VE BEEN DOING THIS AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER HAVE HAD TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX....AND QUESTION WHAT HAPPENS *WHEN GOOD WINES GOOD BAD..:u NO MATTER WHAT THE QUANTITY

THE AMARONE WILL BE ADDRESSED TO DAY AND I WILL LET A PANEL OF THREE DECIDE WEATHER THE QUICK FIX WAS BENEFICIAL TO THE WINE OR NOT ..TALK TO YOU LATER,AND STAY TOON...:dg( I have never saw a kit finish so quickly and completely like this it just amazed me.)

Last edited:
Amarone experiment

:se
NOW LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS:i

PUT FORTH THE EXTRA EFFORT AND BOTTLED UP THE AMARONE EXPERIMENT ,REMEMBER THE 90 DAY WONDER,FINISHED OUT NOT BAD AT ALL,AND WILL ONLY GET BETTER,GOOD MOUTH FEEL SOME NOSE DEEP AND FRUITY WITH the SMOOTHNESS OF TANNIN AND RASIN...NICE COMBO..2 DOWN MANY TO GO,,:)

GOT MY BANANA ,Pineapple VOIGNIER ALSO ONCE THE FLOOR IF CLEAR TODAY WILL START IT ,,THE PEACH IS HUM MINING ALONG...:db

Last edited:
Clean up returned

A WINEMAKERS WORK IS NEVER DONE:sm

WELL THIS WEEKEND I DID SOME WORK AND HERES HOW IT WENT.
BOTTLED MY RIESLING AND RASPBERRY CABERNET SAUVIGNON'S,THE RIESLING FINISHED OUT SMOOTH AND THE RASS BERRY COULD OF FINISHED OUT A LITTLE STRONGER ON THE BERRY SIDE ,BUT THATS MY OP PION,IT IS EVERY BALANCED WITH THE BERRY TAKING THE LEAD AND THE CAB STABLE ON THE BACK SIDE,.

STARTED A ITALIAN SOAVE AND A CAL. CHARD,USED LAVIN 1112 AND 1118 RESPECTIVELY BOTH STARTED AT 1.09 SG:mny

THEN AS ALWAYS COMES THE CLEAN UP,PREPARING FOR THE TWO WINES WAITING IN THE WINGS:hug

could be 2 reasons he may not be able to see as good as he did when younger or could be he's not shouting just typing in caps normally you can tell when someone uses chat's alot cuase thats really the only time anyone refers to caps as shouting.... myself I think it's alot easier to read but I'm older lol

Latest posts

Back