Valentine's day is Thursday

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodnboro

Reaction score
Any suggestions for gift ideas for a wife who buys most everything she needs or wants? Any help is appreciated!

A day off.. She cant buy it...... Nails/hair/spa/sun tan, etc.. All women are different, but they all like something in that pampered sense..

Some flowers and cooked dinner when she gets home goes a long ways too

Listen to these guys and youll have a lonely night. Get her a gift certificate to a day spa. At least $150.00. Thank me friday morning.

This is what I got for an early present. Hubby gone for the big day. I also got a new pink fly fishing rod and reel and a new fishing knife and some other tools. I absolutely love them......though they may not be for everyone.

image-1544263267.jpg

Listen to these guys and youll have a lonely night. Get her a gift certificate to a day spa. At least $150.00. Thank me friday morning.

Always a winner. My wife always said she didn't want to go to a spa, but I bought a day at the spa 2 years ago for Mother's Day. She loved it. Take it one step further and have dinner ready when she gets home and enjoy a relaxing evening (if there is such a thing) together.

Get a day spa .......

GEEEEEEZE!!! Obviously you are not married!

I am lucky that I have a wife that is very practicle. A number of years back, I noticed how overpriced item I bought her ended up in the trash just days later. We made an agreement to not let some "stupid, made up holiday" dictate how I feel.

Honsetly, That whole "if you are not willing to spend $60 for $20 worth of flowers, then you don't really love her" mentality! We are just too old to fall into that pit!

I still manage to get her a card, but that is just about it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Put a love note in her lunch or on her pillow, and a 'coupon book' of things you can do for her that she can redeem at any time :)

Waaay better than overpriced, dead flowers. (Buy her three bouquets of those the next week and you will still save money!)

Or try and put her kitchen back together. Have it all torn apart, maybe get the tile laid on thursday so I can get the sink and faucets back in this weekend. Fortunately, we have another sink 5 or 6 steps away from the kitchen counter so I am not completely under the gun to get it done. it will be nice when it is done. To think this is all due to a leaky kitchen faucet. LOL, Arne.

Card ---- $5.99
Flowers ---- $19.99
Gift Cards to Nordstroms ---- $100
Romantic Dinner for two prepared by me and ready when she gets home ---- $50

One Happy Wife = PRICELESS

If your wife is the type that has to do all the thinking - what's for dinner? does everyone have clean socks? what errands need to be done after work?

Take care of some of the little things. Go to the store, buy ingredients for dinner AND cook it. Buy milk and bread and re-stock the toilet paper. Wash a load of laundry or two and put it away. Scrub a bathroom. If you already help with these things - You are a good man. Take each other out to dinner and enjoy the night off.

Speaking personally -- I would LOVE this so much more than a store bought card and flowers. It would show that he pays attention to what I do for him and the family. (note: My husband told me to take myself shopping for some new work clothes - that is my valentine's gift this year.)

I'm an anti-spa girl, guess i'm in the minority. I got a certificate a few years back... never used it. Paying $$$ for a pedicure to listen to someone talk about me for 30 minutes in a different language, then $$$ for a stranger to touch me in weird uncomfortable places, and a hair cut I really don't need, not to mention all the crap products they want you to buy afterwards. Ugh.

What I would appreciate is some EFFORT. Effort to do something I have to do on a daily basis like get up early with the kids, or make their school lunches. Or Take charge of dinner, AND clean up afterwards. Etc, etc. then send me to bed with a box of chocolate and a bottle of wine, and I guarantee it would be an explosive evening.

Not meaning to start a battle of the sexes, but I can't help but notice that (when it comes to valantine's day gifts) the conversation always is about what a husband/boyfriend should do for their ladies. It never seems to be what the ladies are doing for their men folk.

Is Valintine's day always a one-way street? :a1

I can only speak for myself. In my case, I get up early, go to work early and am home early. SWMBO goes in about an hour or so later and thus has to work later. I love to cook so its not a chore. From her I always get a card, sometimes flowers as well and a gift card or if she knows of something I want she will get it for me.

I seem to have many "happy endings" as they say so I very much like this street I live on....... :)

THANKS for the ideas. I especially like Deezil and Boatboy24's suggestions, but I'd be sleeping on the couch for 2 weeks.(I remember a Simpson's episode when Homer bought Marge a bowling ball with his name on it) I don't mean to brag, but I already help with the kids, cook most nights, and do my own laundry. My wife works longer hours than I do. She still has an unused spa gift certificate from my mom from Christmas. She's not an outdoors person. I've got the flowers and card waiting and will fix a nice dinner. If that don't do it, I'll blame you guys. Ha.

We dont do that silly stuff, mainly because we really havent ever been in the financial standings to play around like that. Some day when all the settlements come through we'll be able to play a little but IMO its not about all that silly stuff like flowers and chocolates.

While I really don't like to acknowlege the Hallmark Holiday, I did get my wife a Samsung 10" tablet and also the 2 tickets she wanted for the Barry Manilow concert in April. She was quite surprised.

I am going to be getting out of radiation lab around 8:30 tonight. I think if we are lucky she might clean the kitchen and we might bake cookies together for dinner. /:

Back