Wine and Your Valentine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B M W

Reaction score
What bottle of wine did you share with your Valentine?

I don’t have any of my own homemade yet
smiley19.gif
so my sweetie and I shared a bottle of Barreto Cellars 2002 Lordi Tempranillo that my mom and dad gave us to have with our dinner.
smiley4.gif

Curtis and I sharedRh Phillips California Toasted Head Cabernet.

The bottle is interesting...it is taller and the label is smaller.

He also had dinner ready when I got home from work, a roast with potatoes....more like a piece of retread with a side of rocks....but it was the thought that counts!!! We just laughed and ate it anyway!!!

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

We shared a Bourgeron Rouge, a little something we turned out from our little home winery here. And then the romance turned on high and I gave Poor Bert a haircut! It's pretty wild here, 7 days a week!
smiley36.gif
Sitting in that chair must have been exhausting because he's sleeping now! Wild times!

My Sweetie is in on travel in Wash D.C. bringing home the bacon this week (ahhh...it's SO nice to be a pensioner!) butlast week we celebrated early with a Ferrari-CaronaFume Blanc -- and saved the bottle!

My better half and I enjoyed a glass of my red raspberry dessert with somechocolate truffles....YUM!

Actually, my sweety surprised me with two bottles. One we tried before: Columbia-Crest Cab-Sav (under $10, but way undervalued in my opinion).

Next, we didn't drink waiting for a whole night (since she had to leave). Is what is promising to be a *very* good wine: Clos Du Bois BriarCrest (Cab Sav). She splurged and spent $50. Can't wait to try it another night.

But I made baked potatoes and grilled steaks. Plus the great company, it couldn't have been a better night.

Cheers to all of you, and your valentines.
smiley1.gif

bubba2.jpg

Well, I kooked up my baby a big ole fat possum with some sweet taters along with a big pot of turnip greens with fat backand some korn bread. We screwed the top off a bottle of my Muscydine to go with it. It shore wuz good too.

Waldo!! Don'tbe givin' away us Arkies' secret weapin' in the fine art of woohin' our Belovededs!
smiley4.gif

That had me cracking up, Waldo!
smiley36.gif

Seriously, my sweetie bought me a bottle of Yellow Tail Shiraz Cabernet.I had never tried a Shiraz before.I found it to be complex and very nice!

My sweetie also took me and our 4 daughters out for Chinese food at our favorite restaurant.
smiley32.gif

I gave my sweetheart, an antibiotic, a decongestant and a dozen carnations.
She has the creeping crud, which is NOT GOOD NEWS, so we will probably be
"celebrating" next week.

The wife and I don't drink the same type of wine most of the time but we did enjoy an awesome meal on Monday since I had to work late on Tuesday.

We had Filte Mignon with Shrimp Scampi spooned over the top with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus.

peterCooper said:
I gave my sweetheart, an antibiotic, a decongestant and a dozen carnations.
She has the creeping crud, which is NOT GOOD NEWS, so we will probably be
"celebrating" next week.

Peter, you're so romantic!
smiley27.gif
It's so nice to see a husband taking care of his wife. Hope she recovers quickly!

Hey I valatine and I like comercial ROSE. Help I wnat to make some is there a kit or Can type I can make. Please help me. I have made all kinds but I tryed burgandy and chabis together came out to strong. I got rose from a source that was a can. This turned out a brownish tint and has the flavor of raisons. CLear and potent but not rose. Help George is there a brand I need?

Latest posts

Back