WineXpert Pinot Noir

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAASTINKIE

Reaction score
Oregon Yamhill County Pinot Noir, by Winexpert Selection Estate, ordered this kit from Geo today. More later.

The Pinot Noir is a red wine and the Pinot Grigio is white. The grapes are related to each other, as well as, with the Pinot Blanc.

Grigio must be Italian for good. I've had some really good comments about
the WE PG recently. I personally really like it and it drinks well a month from
bottling.

Strange thing those pinot grapes. They are noir when they are black/purple. Sometimes they go through a genetic mutation which can happen from year to year. Some years, you will geta pinot blanc grape which is a green grape for a white wine. But sometimes the grape become neither and turns a greyish color. This grape is used for Grigio or Gris (Which is grey in Italian or French respectively). In British Columbia Okanagan Valley they call it the heartbreak grape because they never know what they are going to get year to year.

AAASTINKIE,

I've got that one in the cellar now. It's about 4 months old. Patiently waiting..................................................... ..........

I believe this will be good.

Hal

My WE Pinot Grigio is very popular with my friends. It wasvery goodat bottling, so I gave some away.

I feel bad, but I'm having to lie to them about the case I have left in my stairway cellar.I wanted try it with some age on it, but they keep asking for it.

The answer to that of course, is to start another one up.
I stabilized my Murray River last night. Picture to follow just as soon as I can
get a digital camera.

I think George needs to start adding a digital camera to his wine making kits
smiley36.gif

Waldo said:
I think George needs to start adding a digital camera to his wine making kits
smiley36.gif

TOO FUNNY! LOL

Actually my first kit I ever made was a VR Italian Pinot Grigio and it is a very tasty wine. After about 3 months in the bottle it had transformed in to a very competent wine that ranks with any commercial Pinot I have bought to date.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

I'm going to have to order another. I've given away and drunk so much I
doubt I'll get to the six month mark on mine.

Make as much wine as you leagally can. Stash some. When people ask for them tell them none is available. But make more wines! Double batches! If you're going to make a mess you may as well make it worth your while...
smiley36.gif

Hmmm.... I appear to be in a terribly good mood and in a wine loving mood.

Latest posts

Back