Back Sweeten with apple juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgerv1

Junior
Reaction score
So, if you guys read in my post I'm making apple wine my sg is a little under 1.000 I'm running this thing dry. would it be possible to back sweeten with apple juice? I was thinking about boiling it concentrate it abit. tell me what you guys think...

Oh yeah from my chemistry days if you want some fun. collect some CO2 from your fermentor into a glass but clear tubing from the air lock straight into a glass. CO2 is heavy so it wont rise out of the glass.. next put it over a candle flame... see what happens.. unfortunately thats what makes a firefighters job dangerous.

Yes I have backsweeten with frozen apple juice concentrate and it has always worked out well, just dont forget to add sorbate prior

thanks steve

Yes you can, Just degass and stablize first before adding the juice. Then I would let it sit a couple of weeks to a month before bottling to insure fermentation does not retart.

And you will most likely have to wait for it to clear again. Mite want to give it a little more pectic enzime to help too. Arne.

Latest posts

Back