WineXpert LE Super Tuscan vs Eclipse Bravado

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is the difference between these two kits? They seem identical to me. I think the Bravado might be a few bucks more. But they are both super Tuscans made by the same manufacturer. The bravado is a limited release. Super Tuscan was a limited edition (no longer sold I think) What Gives?
I have a bravado aging and have been using threads on both kits as reference. Is there even a difference? Sangiovese, Cab Sauv & Merlot in both Aahhh. I'm losing my mind trying to figure this out.

I have the Super Tuscan going. I've also got the Bravado Red Blend kit, but I still haven't started it.

I will say this, the Super Tuscan drops an avalanche and is very tasty already!

I ordered the Super from Label Peelers and got the Bravado. I called and was told they had to change the kit name from Tuscan due to labeling laws...it wasn't actually from Tuscan. They said same kit different names. Mine is five months old, sitting in glass now, my tastes say it is a good wine!

Aren't Those Chianti/Tuscan laws in Italy from the 90s? I guess they tried to get away with one there. Unless the 'Tuscan' varietal classification got more strict. Labelpeelers site still calls it "Eclipse bravado super Tuscan limited release" (out of stock)
Sounds like since the juice is such high-quality with limited quantity they decided to put it under the eclipse brand with a "limit release" tag on it, like they did with the Eclipse Forza. As I write this it's making more sense. And the original 'Limited Edition Super Tuscan' sold so well that they branded it 'Eclipse Bravado' after the 'tuscan' tag was nixed. And could then sell it for a few more dollars.
DCbrown73, I'm expecting to read a full report after you start and finish the Bravado! I'm curious if they are in fact the same thing. (The Bravado also dropped out a mountain)

Last edited:
I made the bravado. I was told it is the same as the LE was but unlike an LE it is available year round.

according to WE website, Bravado was intended as a limited release for a limited time only and not a regular Eclipse offering.

cheers

"On the heels of the phenomenally popular Eclipse Forza, Winexpert is pleased to announce BRAVADO, the newest Eclipse limited release. Hailing from Tuscany, Bravado is a tribute to the Italian winemakers of the seventies who had the confidence (and bravado) to challenge the rules regarding which varietals were allowed to be blended into Italian wines. The result of these rogue winemakers was the "super tuscan" and Eclipse Bravado is a beautiful example of this style of wine. Now available at your Winexpert retailer for a limited time."

Might be like the ford LTD. Limited to how many they can sale.

But it can be ordered now unlike the LE kits that can only be ordered one time a year.

Last edited:
Maybe they made a bunch thinking they would be a big seller and that has not been the case. I just started mine so it will be awhile before I know if its worth the price

cheers

I just bottled the Bravado I made after leaving it sitting on the oak cubes in the bottling tank for about 6 weeks, following 4 weeks post de-gas. It is crystal clear and beautiful in the glass, if a bit light.

To my taste, it's on the light side for a super tuscan, but is very food friendly and will work nicely with the usual suspects of pasta and roasts.

I usually think of super tuscans as at least 20% or more cabernet and/or merlot, but I'd be surprised if this is more than 10%. Which is ironic, since a Chianti only has to be 80% sangiovese to be called Chianti, so many "super tuscans" would qualify to be called Chianti under DOCG rules if they were grown and produced in Tuscany.

Last edited:
I made both. The Bravado is a bigger wine all the way around. Better oak, more skins, three varietals of grapes in the juice (the LE was two from what I recall). After a nearly a year in a carboy it is better than the LE was after two.

Thanks for that info. Originally thought they were identical. I was searching all over but couldn't find these specifics.

Latest posts

Back