How did you find out about WineMakingTalk.com?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Okay I will do it.

How did you come to learn about this site?

Internet search, friends, etc.?

What were you looking for when you came across this site, lurked for a bit and then became a member?
:hug

I was looking fora grape juice concentrate wine recipe.

Found it on Google.

I lurked for a while, but I think my first post had to do with using bread yeast.

The rest is history...still making it. Wine too!

Tom and Wade. We are all on another forumowned by a retailer.
I think Smurfe is still active there.

Last edited:
I was referred here by smurf which used to be a moderator here but seemed to having a falling out with past admin or something which is a shame cause he knew quite a bit about wine and tons about brewing beer and is a good friend of mine. he was admin here with me whae I took over (sorta) and then what ever happened happened. Sure am glad he referred me here though!

You do a great job for us Wade and have chosen a great group to be mods.

I dont remember Smurfe as an admin, but I remeber TXs announcement looking for someone new. That was when you were offered the post

I miss Smurfe, I hope the world is finding him well.

Smurf disapeared when me and him tried to open up another wine making website but he tried to do something with it and dscrewed it up and just never got around to fixing it so it got dumped. He never came back here after that.

I was on the other forum for just a short time when this guy Wade made the announcement of becoming an admin here. I thought I would check it out. Well, that was back in the days of cults and so I followed him and Tom over here. Not sure how much different Skeeter Pee is than the koolaid they drank in Johnstown but if the Feds are coming I'll be drinking it!

I was on another forum and they went down and did not look like they were coming up anytime in the near future so I yahoo searched and the first site that came up was in England. Well I couldn't understand anything they were writing so I checked out the second site, which was this site. I lurked for about a week and that was it, I signed up and have been very happy here. Acutally I'm not sure if I waited a whole week.

Wait a minute, there's other wine forums out there?

I was referred by my brother (koda_ky)

Was googling recipes and this site kept showing up, either with recipes or mention of it on other sites.
Lurked for a while then joined when i wanted clarification on a thread i was following and needed to post to ask.

Least ways, i think that's how it happened.

I was originally on a forum thru the Grape and Grainery/Ohio. Time passed and I forgot what forum I had been on so I google searched "wine forum". This came up and December 2009 I made the plunge.

I've learned alot, met some good and knowledgable people and began to show them how off the wall I am.

Started out as a winepress memeber and made a couple post here a bout some skeeter pee when Troy gave me a warm welcome and since then ive pretty much decided this was home.

Found this place on a Yahoo search.

Found tons of information and friendly people. A+A+A+A+A+

Not a chance I am taking any responsibility except for my own actions!!.

I have talked to Seth on the "side" he too is just as a great of a member as all the rest of our collective friends on here.

I hope everyone pops in this thread.

I am surprised you have said wine forum. I would have thought a search engine would have picked up "wine recipe" first.

I was looking for a wine forum because I had a question about wine making and this was the 1st one I saw. I looked at the other one too, but prefer it here.
Lots of fun. You guys( like to use this term genericallly for both genders)
are ok.
Larry

Latest posts

Back