Alternate name for Skeeter Pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I wanted to drink pee I'd have a Budweiser. That's what I think of when I hear about drinking pee. I agree that a name Chang is in order.

Naming your wine is half the fun.

Last edited:
We are big game of thrones fans and we make it with the leftovers of Dragons blood so we call it Bastards brew. It seems to suit the two wines.

Well, after making it recently, I believe the original name is appropriate. Not sure what I did wrong, but it just tasted of alcohol and a very diluted lemonade. Try, try again.

I love the Teachers Ade. Clever! I agree that naming your adult bevs is fun. I come from a family that names everything. And we have dibs on our faves. I'm the only wine maker so I ask friends and fam to throw ideas. One day something will just stick with you. Til then just call it QuiJuice. I lean towards songs. Blues music in particular.

This wine has a name from the the original maker. Use the name the original maker gave it or make your own wine and you can give it a name you like.. WHAT gives you the right to rename someone's recipe.

This wine has a name from the the original maker. Use the name the original maker gave it or make your own wine and you can give it a name you like.. WHAT gives you the right to rename someone's recipe.

I did make my own wine, it was based on the original makers recipe but it was my own tweaks therefore my own re-naming. don't be a tool, didn't mom ever tell you if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all?

A tweak on someone's original recipe is NOT your recipe and not your right to rename it. I was raised to stand your ground when you are right. I think you should know what the dancing banana means.:db

Last edited:
I think we should calm down around here. Everybody agree to disagree ok? No need to get all feisty.
I personally hear both sides of the argument.

:hMy wife will not drink wine named "Skeeter Pee", but she will drink my Lemon Wine and loves it.:h

I think there is subtle, yet important difference between actually renaming a recipe and somehow taking away credit/authorship, and what you print on a label…I don’t think anyone is trying to rename Lon D’s recipe or is suggesting we are making anything other than Skeeter Pee, regardless of we may call it on the label…

I just call it Skeeter Pee. When my friends ask why I say " because I had to squeeze a million skeeter buts to make it."

Latest posts

Back