WineXpert Rumors of a new limited release from Winexpert

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the update. This is next up in my queue and I'm looking forward to getting it going. It sounds like you did this one pretty much by the books. Do you plan on doing any tweaks prior to bottling?

Did anyone do a yeast swap on this? Any recommendations from previous Super Tuscan kits?

I believe I only used the RC212, and skipped the E1118. Also, I may have added tannin after primary fermentation; and, I know I added oak to the aging process (maybe American medium + cubes). I'll need to look at my notes.

Last edited:
Make sure you put the oak chips in the skins bag or it will be a mess (major clogging issue) trying to siphon out of the primary fermentor! I just went through that a week ago!

Dammit, didnt think about that, already dumped mine into the primary:(

Tonight was the night. 9 months since I started the Bravado, almost to the day.

I got 27 bottles of 750's and 6 of the 375's with some scraps to enjoy while I bottled (and am writing this post).

It is a bit tannic, but the fruit is there with some decent body. A solid 14% abv. From my notes I see I added American Med+ oak in November. It tastes like I got all it had to give. It's kits like these that makes me happy I took up this sport to begin with.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1496980216.516567.jpg

In a year, this is going to be a house favorite.

Tonight was the night. 9 months since I started the Bravado, almost to the day.

I got 27 bottles of 750's and 6 of the 375's with some scraps to enjoy while I bottled (and am writing this post).

It is a bit tannic, but the fruit is there with some decent body. A solid 14% abv. From my notes I see I added American Med+ oak in November. It tastes like I got all it had to give. It's kits like these that makes me happy I took up this sport to begin with.

View attachment 36765

In a year, this is going to be a house favorite.

My goodness, look at that color! :HB

Racked yesterday (3rd), removed the oak cubes, added 1/4 tsp kmeta. looking and tasting fantastic. After a small taste for the wife, she looked me and said, "Make more, now"

Latest posts

Back