First taste

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Port

Reaction score
I tried a homemade blackberry wine last night that was excellent! A local friend of mine(Fro1 on this forum who’s yet to post) made a 5 gallon batch from the Vintners Reserve canned fruit and we cracked a bottle open last night. WOW! It was excellent; I’d run out and buy a bottle at the store if he had said it was a store bought wine(which would have been believable)! I had only tried really bad versions before last night and this is quite a relief to find out just how good it can turn out! I can’t wait for mine to be done. Just thought I’d share my first taste with you guys. Have a great Christmas!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

We made some Blackberry from the Vintner's Harvest this year and I was impressed. It made a very nice wine. I would suggest the 2 cans for 5 gallon approach. The 1 can for 5 gallons did not have near the flavor of the other.

Interesting. I had stayed clear of the cans because my experience back in
the UK 25 years ago was awful. I just might have a go at one of those.

Latest posts

Back