2017 Gardens

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Garden (planters) have been loving the heat from the month before and now the monsoonal moisture we have been having for the last couple of weeks. Basil, tomatoes, and lots of peppers (jalapeño and garden salsa) Getting several pounds a week now out of 6 tomato plants!

I've had no luck with the Veggies over the last three years, those look awesome. I see some basil, tomato and mini buffalo mozzarella balls salad in your future. We make one where you heat some good olive oil with garlic then pour that over the other ingredients. It wilts the basil and slightly melts the mozzarella and just plain tastes wonderful.

Mike

Yum, that sounds like a good recipe for sure. We did make a nice Caprese salad with the first round of maters. Sliced in half, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, little EVOO, little S&P then drizzle with a some of that Private Selection balsamic glaze that Smith's (Ralph's) carries. Winner winner chicken dinner as Guy Fieri says.

I've had no luck with the Veggies over the last three years, those look awesome. I see some basil, tomato and mini buffalo mozzarella balls salad in your future. We make one where you heat some good olive oil with garlic then pour that over the other ingredients. It wilts the basil and slightly melts the mozzarella and just plain tastes wonderful.

Mike

Last edited:
You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Tomato Zone.............

IMG_2470.jpg

We started out small this year with 4 cherry tomato plants in a 4x4 planter box and some herbs. Turns out someone swapped one of the plants at Costco so we ended up with one full-size plant. They all did great and are producing like champs. Most of the cherry tomatoes don't make their way inside as the kids eat them as they pick them. We have made some caprese salad a couple times from the big ones and some basil. Now if only there were enough time to make my own cheese.

Latest posts

Back